Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly have to change images without page refreshing using timed trigger

former_member5006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In my Webdynpro Component  I have 4 images . these images have to change randonly in a view(webpage) with time dalay of 6 seconds (i.e. for every 6 seconds image have to replace with next image and  these 4 images have to change everytime ).

By using of timed trigger screen element i did it . But  the problem is page refreshing is happening here . How can i stop page refreshing and the images have to change for every 6 seconds ? .. How can i approach of this ?

Please reply me as soon as possible

Thanks & Regards,

Naveen M.

-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member5006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hitest,

can you plz send me a sample example on webdynpro to  understand  this scenario exactly .. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Place you IMAGE UI in a different view and other UI elements in another view.

If there is a change in image then only image will be rendered again.

Refer this thread to know more about delta rendering.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Restrictions

The following UI elements are not (yet) supported by delta rendering:

• TimedTrigger
  • Gantt
  • Network
  • InteractiveForm
  • OfficeControl

Delta rendering is not supported with timed trigger.

Try different iview if it is in running inside portal.

or use flash island..

former_member5006
Participant
0 Kudos

it will not effect on perfomrance  for creating diff views in a component .

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not different views in a component. I saying different iviews itself.

initial load will be bit heavy but the whole page will not be getting refreshed.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you didn't share all aspects of your requirement but in case you did you could just use animated GIFs, see section "Animated GIF" of the following Wikipedia article.

former_member5006
Participant
0 Kudos

still on pending of this discussion.

please suggest me how to calculate  6 seconds in webdynpor abap with out using timed trigger UIelement ?
... Awaiting for ur responses .

Former Member
0 Kudos

without time triggered UI element you can calculate difference of 6 second easily but the thing is you won't be able to call any method automatically. 

use system field sy-timlo to calculate the difference.

former_member5006
Participant
0 Kudos

i am not calling any method. after calculating 6 seconds just i use wd_context->set_attribute(  "selecting image to display "visinvis image ) like dis and i set remaining images as invisible state . so that can i achieve of dis ?  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without Timer its not possible !.

former_member184958
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the below link,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3388029

Regards,

John.

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member5006
Participant
0 Kudos

for each thing having different different assumptioms .. for my exact scenario  which one is better approach to full fill my requirement . how to stop page  refreshing  in application level (i used tiemed trigger and diff images in  diff view ).?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

You must be doing like you will be reading the timer value, if its 6 then changing the MIME name by next and resetting the timer value. Am i correct ?

former_member5006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra Shekhar,

yes thats what i am doing here . but the problem is overall page is refreshing here for every 6 seconds .How can i stopt the page refreshing when we are using timed trigger  value assgined as 6 seconds?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i don't think whole page will refresh in this case. For testing purpose do one thing create a input field on same screen and put some value in that . and check if after 6 second if the value is still there means only image is getting changed...

former_member5006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra Shekhar,

The value is there but cursor selecting the whole value when the page get refreshed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will implement this on my system then will let you know what you can do for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its looks like application getting refreshed but its not getting refreshed. All data everything is there. So don't worry everything is same. and we can't handle if you want to stop the UI refreshing also.