cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me to implement the Banking scenario in PI 7.3, with below mentioned Limitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I will explain my scenario and limitation in brief followed by the questions.

Description of scenario

• § Currently the customer is running their interfaces using SAP business connector and now they have decided to move on SAP PI 7.3 with fresh implementation from scratch.
  • § The involved system in this interface are SAP ECC(FICO) as a sender side and bank at receiver side, moreover this is synchronous scenario.
  • § From SAP ECC(FI) side there is a background job which runs and generate the bank statement request as text file.  The text file will be converted in the form of XML by SAP business connector and then SAP BC will send this XML request to bank over HTTPS to bank URL .
  • § Bank will send the response(bank statement ) as a status over the same session in the form of xml file to SAP business connector , again SAP BC will convert this file as a text file, and place this file in server folder. From this folder , bank statement files (MT940) will be uploaded to SAP ECC(FI) with help of standard SAP program.
  • § The process of uploading the file to SAP ECC(FI) is done by a SAP standard program which looks for the folder location on server and then upload the files to the SAP ECC(FI), which cannot be changed.

challenge and Limitation

• § Customer does not want to use file adapter in SAP PI 7.3, they are insisting me to implement as RFC to HTTP synchronous scenario in PI 7.3.
  • § Bank only accept request in the form of xml file on Bank secured URL and send the response back also in the form of xml file.
  • § Bank does not support any FTP or SFTP and webservices

Questions

• § How can achieve this scenario in PI 7.3 without using file adapter, as I have motioned, the bank response always should be placed in a folder or directory location, from where SAP standard program will pick-up the file  and upload in SAP ECC(FI).
  • § Even though if I will be able to convince my customer to use file adapter then How can I use file adapter for synchronous communication.
  • § How can I make this as a synchronous scenario? how many adapter do I need to use to accomplish this scenario in PI 7.3.
  • § I need to implement SSL  as well in PI 7.3 for security, because bank accept the message only over HTTPS

Please suggest me the best approach  to implement this scenario in PI 7.3 with the above limitation. Also, Please let me know if anything is not clear in the above description.

Your help is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Any help on the above requirement. Please help me with valuable suggestion.

Thanks,

Farhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

Since Bank doest want to use File adapter than you have 2 options:-

• Write a program with the help of abaper to read that test file and convert it into SAP stanadard form.It can be done.Only thing you have to do,you have to tell the abaper the location where files placed.Abapaer will write a program that will read the file in text form and will convert it SAP Standard either Idoc or BAPI.

Now once that file is converted to SAP stanadards,you can send this to PI.Now from PI,write a xslt mapping which will convert your message to required standards of receiver system.

Option 2 : - Use SOAP servives and send the required structure to PI through webservies and do the rest.

Please share your views.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for suggestion Abhinav.

webservices  is not supported by bank.

I am sorry for confusion here, actually in my scenario from sender(ECC/FI) side there is an RFC which runs by a scheduled background job and send the request directly to SAP BC, then SAP BC will convert this in the form of XML and send it to bank URL through HTTPS connection. below is the request structure which will be send to bank after XML conversion in BC.

req Structure

<?xml version='1.0' ?>

<PaymentInfoMessage>

<PaymentInfoRequest>

<CompanyCode>Partner01</CompanyCode>

<BankCode>BSFRSARI</BankCode>

<StartDate>2006-07-09T00:00:00</StartDate>

<EndDate>2006-07-09T00:00:00</EndDate>

<TransactionType>940</TransactionType>

</PaymentInfoRequest>

</PaymentInfoMessage>

Again bank will send the response Bank statement (MT940) in the fom of XML through SAP BC , then SAP BC will convert this XML response in text file and will place in the SAP application server for e.g. /usr/sap/DVJ/EBANKING/BSFRSARI/BI_UPF/MT940.tx .

Here is my question

1- I can configure this scenario as RFC to HTTP synchronous, however , how can I convert the XML file in PI and place it in the above mentioned folder. Because generally in synchronous RFC to HTTP scenario the imported RFC will directly update the status in SAP ECC through ABAP RFC program.

But in my case I need to place the response in application server folder.

I am sorry for the earlier post, which was slightly incorrect, above is the correct scenario.

Please suggest me to place the RFC response in application server folder location, or if any other better solution for this.

Thanks Farhan

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

If I understand it correct, what you need is async-sync bridge. You can use this bean in your RFC sender adapter and use a file adapter at the receiver end. Bank side would be synchronous HTTPs call. Look for standard asynch-sync module and you would find a lot of details. In the sender RFC channel, you will then provide the channel name of file adapter, which will write the file on ECC server. File adapter can perform the content conversion and create the file as .txt format.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sanjeev for the suggestion. could you please let me know how can I send the request message to the bank URL? even though If I will use RFC as sender and file as receiver adapter, I can not put bank target URL in either of the adapter. do I need to use HTTP adapter at receiver?

I understood async-sync bridge bean will convert the async to sync, but I am not clear about where to put the bank target URL, as in file adapter we do not have any such option.

Also how many communication channel are required to accomplish this scenario?  I need to implement SSL as well to provide transport level security.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks again for your valuable time.

Regards,

Farhan

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should use SOAP adapter with Axis(HTTP) Transport protocol.

You can give the URL there.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Thanks for the suggestion, could you please let me know,  how can I use SOAP adapter with Axis(HTTP) transport protocol. In my scenario bank does not support the webservices(no wsdl).

Can I place the synchronous response from bank to application server folder(AL11) by using SOAP adapter with Axis(HTTP) transport protocol? could you please provide me the more detail.

Regards,

Farhan

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Farhan,

If bank supports plain HTTP call with SSL, HTTP adapter is what you can use for integration. In all, your scenario will have 3 adapters:

1) Sender RFC with async-sync module.

2) Receiver HTTP/s adapter

3) Receiver File adapter to write the response in a file system.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all. this is solved, ABAPER has written code to solve this.