cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic colored Tab in Web Dynpro JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one requirement to change the background color ( Red, Green & Yellow) of tabs dynamically based on some business rule in web dynpro java.I am not able to find any option to set background color in tab strip ui element.Is it possible to do that?

Patralekha Sur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, each UI element has a option to set the design/background color. This can be handled using a context variable handled in the code.

Tab strip in itself does not have the property for background color.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sharath.

If Web Dynpro JAVA has not provided any option to set background color for Tab Strip,then can we use any othere technologies for that & call that application in Web Dynpro JAVA ?

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, No.

You have to make use of the option available in the existing version.

Try some round-about option, like using the Portal themes to design the tabstrip colors.

Finally, its about rade-off. If it does make a big-difference to your customer, then avoid spending too much effort on it.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharath,

If we create one tabstrip in web dynpro java & bind the application into portal using iview,then can we change the color of tabstip using portal theme?

Regards,

Patralekha Sur

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. In Portal themes, try to set color/display options of the tabstrip ui element. May be make the selected tab of different color and so on.

Regards,

Sharath

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But be aware you cannot set the tabstrip color *dynamically* using the portal themes.

The only way you *may* be able to change the background color dynamically is to use a WebWidget control inside your WDJ DC, embed some javascript and have it change the specific tabstrip background class background color

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Robin for your input.

I will personally try that option with WebWidget.

Regards,

Sharath

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, looks like WebWidget UI element is available only in 7.3

My present project is on 7.0. Need to wait a bit to try it out but sure is interesting to embed some JS in WDJ.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys....

We have decided to go for dynamic image for tabs,instead of back ground color.

Answers (0)