cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query/Data source execution in Design Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could anyone help me by expalining how the application in design studio will execute?

In web intelligence, all the query output data from backend will come and store in microcube, then it will preocess report level filters.

Is there any such concept in design studio too?

Suppose, if we apply any filter like dimesnion filter or drop down filter, will it run the data source/BEx query again or will it take data from some kind of cache?

Please advise...

Thank you.

Best regards,

Satyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member131154
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course BW cache is used, so query will run 10x but database is read once.

But design studio does not have a cache itself like microcube or something like that.

Dirk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From a HANA perspective, I know that when you execute a dimension filter on a datasource, a new query is actually being executed for that datasource and the result presented as a new query result. I'm not exactly sure if BEx based queries work identically, but I assume they do.

So I think the answer to your question is no: Design Studio does not have that kind of concept.

Kind regards,

Sjoerd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sjoerd,

Thank you. Suppose, if I have 10 data sources on single BEx query, will the query run for 10 times?

Kind Regards,

Satyam

murali_balreddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. The query will run 10 times (even if the data sources are identical ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

what kind of connection (SOAP, REST,...) is employed by DesignStudio to read and write query data to and from the server?