Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MII 12.2 - IDOC Listener Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi
Experts,

I've
registered two IDoc Listeners (Message Listeners - say XMIIIDOC01 and XMIIIDOC05) on a MII 12.2.3 server to two different RFC Destinations on same SAP ERP server.

The Program IDs, Logical Ports, Logical Systems, Partner Profiles and Distribution Models for these two RFC destinations are all distinctly maintained.

While transferring IDocs on RFC destination for XMIIIDOC01, the IDOCs are always received on XMIIIDOC05.

Also, I’ve noticed that when more than one message listener configured on a MII server to receive IDOCs from same SAP ERP server, the priority or possibility of the message listener to get executed decreases with Descending Order of the name (for example if XMIIIDOC10, XMIIIDOC07 and XMIIIDOC01 are configured with different RFC destinations on same SAP ERP server, for IDOC transfer through any RFC destination, only XMIIIDOC10 will be executed).

Is this the default mechanism / behavior of MII server?

Is there any limitation that only one Message Listener can be configured to integrate MII to a SAP ERP server?

If not, is there anything that I'm missing? Please help me understand.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

Sumit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Why you need 2 RFC destinations and 2 listeners?

You can create one RFC destination and 1 listeners and use the same in different programs right.

There is "MaxReaderThreadCount" under properties of Resource Adapter you select , you can set that to more than one. Like if you set it to 2 or more,so that you can use the same listener to receive from different programs of SAP.(All RFC destination and program ID can be same)

Thanks,

Padma Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Padma.

True that we can have all the communications related to IDOC between an ERP server and a MII server through a single RFC destination and message Listener and logically it makes sense also.

However, for the training / practice purpose when there is single SAP ERP and MII system and multiple people are running the SAP IDOC configuration exercise, the above situation arises, and hence my questions are -

1) If multiple message listeners on same MII server (NW server) are bound to multiple RFC destinations on single SAP ERP server, is there limitation that the IDOCs will be received on only one message listener in spite of the IDOC is sent over any of the RFC destinations ?

2) If so, to my observations, the priority to receive the IDOC, when multiple message listeners are configured to same SAP ERP server, is in descending order of names of message listener (XMIIIDOC10 has the highest priority and XMIIIDOC01 has the lowest). Is this default mechanism ?

Thanks,

Sumit

former_member204240
Active Participant