cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tabbed component issue in FPM_OVP_COMPONENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I developed a WebDynpro component with 2 windows with one view in each of them.

I need to display these 2 views as 2 tabs by using FPM_OVP_COMPONENT. For achieving this I used Tabbed component for displaying each window (view) in component

But, still I am getting the following kind of display instead of Tab’s.

Please suggest.

Thank in advance

RK v

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why you using OVP?

If you need to display tabs use FPM_OIF_COMPONENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am supposed to use OVP only.

In my scenario there are 2 windows  , window1 with view1 and window2 with view2.

In view1 - there is table with data. when i select a row in that table and click on display button, it should display the selected record values in view2 of window2.

for this i need to use FPM level buttons and to implement the interface if_fpm_shared_data.....

Thank in advance

RK v

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Of course you can use the OVP for this. I don't see any reason for the OIF

As far as I understood you have used a Tabbed UIBB. But why? You don't need it. The Tabbed UIBB is intended for Master-Detail scenarios which you probably don't have with your two views.

The OVP is capable of displaying tabs in case you configure a stacked layout. For this, go to the OVP configuration and mark the corresponding property on the section columns (I guess you need only a one-column layout, right?). If you have switched on 'Stacking', you will see a new field 'Row Number' on each UIBB. This 'Row Number' indicates the number of the stack in the section column, starting with the value '1'. All UIBBs in a section column that have the same 'Row Number' will appear in the same stack. The property 'Sequence Index' indicates the position of the UIBB within the stack.

In the running application the end-user can move around assignment blocks, drag them from a stack and drop them to another stack or out of any stack.

By the way, it's even possible to switch on 'Stacking' in the running application by using personalization dialog of the OVP. But then, each user would have to do this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I not understood why you so strongly opposed OIF.

Normally we use OIF when we want tabs and

OVP when we have pages and we require navigation between them.

If you look at the post the requirement was to display 2 windows in two tabs.

And thats the reason I suggested OIF instead of OVP.

Can you please help understand why OVP is better choice in such a scenario.

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against the OIF. I just recommend the OVP because it is the more modern floorplan. It uses panels for the assignment blocks. Those panels can be collapsed/ expanded by the end user, and dragged and dropped around to other positions on the page. The OVP offers multiple sections with a different column layout on one page. The whole layout can be personalized with the OVP but not with the OIF. And last but not least, the OVP has much more features than the OIF, such as the Page Master, for example. New features will rather be implemented in the OVP than in the OIF.

Nevertheless, it is of course possible to use the OIF in the scenario that is described above.