cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed Quanity Date should be Requested delivery date in MTO Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client requirement is that Confirmed Quantity Date should be the Requested Delivery date in MTO scenario. how can we achive this

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please think logically---

suppose one customers requested delivery date is one week from today's date and the requested stock may be available only on the 8th day--then what you will do???

Phanikumar

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the material is finished ( material finished date=delivery date ) from production department then that date will be automatically reflected as delivery date in sales order with confirmed quantity.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Your commect is exactly correct,  but Business requeste us maintain the Requested delivery date and Schedule line Confirmed quantity date should be same.

if there are more than one line item and Confirmed quantity dates are different for each line item then how can we handle it?

as it is MTO , confirmed quantity dates may be different in each line items

Regards

Shibu Chandran

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if there are more than one line item and Confirmed quantity dates are different for each line item then how can we handle it?

if you have two line items in sales order then if the production time is different to produce that two materials then obviously they two will be confirmed at different dates in VA01 level.This is not in your hands to confirm the goods in VA01 at a time for two materials.This is purely PP and MM part.You need to do that create delivery for which material has confirmed earlier in VA01 level or else go by individual sales order creation for each material in this case.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone thorugh the system for finding out the solution, i coudl find the FIRST DELIVERY DATE, which will line item wise requested delviery date. so we dont want to create seperate sales order for the same instead of that we can change FIRST DELIVERY DATE line item wise

Regards

Shibu Chandran

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You meant to say that,you will change that delivery date item wise manually in VA02 right.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Confirmed quantity will be different for each line item so Line item wise FIRST DELIVERY DATE will be different. that can be done for meeting my requirement

what do you suggest

Regards

Shibu

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to understand you.You will get two line items in sales order with two different delivery dates with confirmed quantity.Then after how you will proceed ?.Will you create two delivery documents on this sales order ?

Thanks,

Naren

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be knowing in MTO scenario, only after creating a sale order and costed, the requirements would be passed on to MM to procure the required components and then passed on to PP for production.  As such, you will not be knowing when the material would be made ready.  This being the case, how can you expect system to show RDD as Confirmed Date which I feel, there is no logic.  In MTS, this is quite possible.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I Completly agreed with your comment. we maintain the Total replenishment lead time (in workdays) in Material master data based on which schedule line comfirmed quantity Date will be appeared at schedule line. the smae is should be brought into my Requested Delivery date fields. this client specific requirement.

Regards

Shibu