Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems on LMDB/SLD sync process for duplicated hostnames

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello forum,

That problem only occurs while setup the solution manager scenario in a VAR where managed systems are from different customers, that share sames "common" system ID and hostname like "PRD(sapprd)".

The problem start on SLD where there only can exist one system ID by the same hostname as indicated on SLD help:

A unique identifier for the computer system, as determined by CIM_System. Use any type of network name here, which must be unique in the system landscape, otherwise the network cannot work. For this reason, be careful when you merge two landscapes from separate networks. The name formats are predefined in CIM_ComputerSystem; SAP uses a subset of them (see the VALUEMAP of NameFormat). Alternative names (aliases, multiple network adapters) have to written to OtherIdentifyingInfo[]. Identifying host names in SLD must be written lower case without any network domain. This implies to use different System Landscape Directories for network domains having name conflicts at this level. The typical reason for such naming conflicts are multiple IT organisations being merged over time.

And the problem continues with LMDB sync process, LMDB create a technical system for each time that SLD has change that PRD from different data supplies, but if there is anyone more technical system with the same system ID and hostname LMDB delete it ¡¡

To try help you to understand the issue i try to create a picture with the process and problem:

I search information on forums, debugg, sap notes, etc... but only find information about how to delete duplicates entries in LMDB/SLD; but i need that duplicate hostname that share system ID and hostname and not installation number and system number.

Relevant notes that I check:

1052122  - Host names in SLD and LMDB

1727294  - AS Java/ABAP System move functionality

1694004  - Dealing with duplicate technical system names (SIDs)

1174300  - RZ70: ABAP system name in SLD varies

764393  - Configuration of the SAP System Landscape Directory

Help.sap.com:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/a5/971735dd184f5c8d943c6cf423d13a/content.htm

troubleshooting for the LMDB

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp08/helpdata/en/71/611c8079df409097f67d797670bc81/content.htm

Guru Stephanie Janssen blog's:

http://scn.sap.com/people/stephanie.janssen/content

A Solution for that is to have a new one SLD for each duplicate system ID and hostname,but is not suitable to setup a SLD avery time that could happens, at the moment we have a lot of PRD on sapprd, DEV on sapdev, SMP on sapsmp, etc...

Anyone now a solution for that ?

Best regards and thanks for your help,

Luis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Still searching for a possible solution for different technical systems with same SID in a VAR scenario.

Please post if anyone has found a solution to this.

Regards

Sunny

wolf_hengevoss
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

perhaps, I can add a bit of information here pointing to related blog posts, though many points are mentioned already.(these blog posts are more specific and therefore may summarize the info perhaps a little bit easier than the generic help portal pages).

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

W. Hengevoss

SAP SE

tsenol
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Any suitable answer for this issue?

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wolf Hengevos do you have a Solution for that issue ?

Thanks,

wolf_hengevoss
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Suarez and contributors to this thread,

Thank you for this input - we of course discuss such questions. Here is information that is available::

I hope that helps clarifying the matter.

Best Regards,

Wolf Hengevoss

RainerKunert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are also a VAR and faced the same problem. Hopefully SAP recognizes this thread and provide a valid solution.

If two different systems with same hostname but different IP addresses send their data to SLD, the SLD creates only one entry for the hostname and toggles the IP address whenever one of the system sends its data. so you don't have stable and valid information in SLD.

Regards

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lluis,

I faced exactly the same issue as you did. I had two ABAP-stacks "C11" on Hosts "sapc11"

But I was lucky, as I had some (additional) virtual hostnames for the Systems.

For ABAP-stacks, check out DEFAULT.PFL. Usually, there are entries for SAPGLOBALHOST and SAPDBHOST (for a central System, they are the same, here: "sapc11").

The only way to get rid of all this struggle was adding the Parameter SLDSYSTEMHOME to DEFAULT.PFL  and set the value to a virtual hostname. This value is transferred regularly via RZ70, you will see a new entry in SLD.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

We are a VAR in the same situation.

Did SAP provide a proper solution?

Regards,

Pedro Borges

周建华
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to konw

manelli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I' ve the same problem.

I create this post

Could you please help me?

Thanks

Moreno

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Moreno, still waiting for an answers from SAP...

No news about that.

周建华
Participant
0 Kudos

NOW have answer

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a support message for that, still waiting.

That one's that are on VAR setup, what do you do to fulfill support requirements for PCOE ? You create the system's manually on LMDB ?

Regards,

Luis

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first answers that support give me is to maintenance the system information from duplicated hosts manually in LMDB, all duplicated system has to bee created and updated manually...

Contradiction to:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/a5/971735dd184f5c8d943c6cf423d13a/frameset.htm

LMDB should receive as much system information as possible from a remote SLD, where systems register themselves automatically.

For most technical systems there are data suppliers, which automatically register the systems in the SLD.

The LMDB receives SLD changes automatically when a change occurs, using polling by LMDB or active change notifications by the SLD. If possible, register technical system information in SLD and do not create it in the LMDB manually.

Related:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/d1/1813383da94d5fa18744e5cd362d65/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/e7/101fc81c0642df8c75b0e15111b2a4/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3446729

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/f6/a41e0402664451b9c4640ff4513527/content.htm

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp05/helpdata/en/d1/1813383da94d5fa18744e5cd362d65/frameset.htm

Example

SAP support wants to support you, but cannot logon to your development system ABC because the server data for this system is not in the SAP Support Portal.

1. In the LMDB, check whether the SLD data supplier has provided the server data for system ABC. If not, complete the information in the LMDB, or, preferably, make sure that the information is provided automatically by an SLD data supplier.
  2. Synchronize the system data of system ABC with the SAP Support Portal in the LMDB, as described above.
  3. Now, the customer can open the support connection in the SAP Support Portal and SAP support can log on to your system ABC.

What about add more fields on SLD ? for example add the primary key for SID+hostmane+installation number+databaseservername,... with that key the possibilities to get duplicates entries are impossible or near impossible 😉

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Same here, I have a message at SAP on how to migrate the SMSY data into LMDB because basic configuration shows for 90% of all systems errors... but I guess we need to do it all manually..

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard, send me an email and i will send more information from that.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

Did you already got a solution from SAP about the duplicate hostnames? We have the same problem over here. Creating it manually as SAP suggested you say does not work either. When creating a second entry with the same hostname if gives an error saying the hostname already exists?? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Dave Arends

Former Member
0 Kudos

I removed duplicated LMDB objects according to http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1885123

Our SLD has technical systems with equal source name but in LMDB one of two names is assigned a different name like <SID>0001

Unfortunately I remember the sequence of system creation in LMDB.

Regards, Evgeniy

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a well known problem at SAP side but so far there's no suitable solution....

We addressed this many times at different VAR specific workshops.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

How can I populate LMDB with customer system without register them on SLD?

Because on solman 7.01 the job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT automatically creates the system in smsy.

Kind regards.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe, refresh_admin_data_from_support download the information from sap marketplace on 7.01, but for 7.1 there is a littler difference, the information is download trough marketplace system licenses and system information is stored on lmdb but the technical systems are not created.

1.- go to LMDB start screen, and select "display license data" in technical system tab:

2.- search the system, and click on "create system description"

3.- after that you will create in LMDB a system with the information on sap marketplace

Step 2:

Step 3:

* Remember that the information on SAP marketplace is usually not update as well as from SLD, after you sync SLD the system will be updated as well from SLD.

hope that can help you, i don't use that method for the problem of missing/wrong information in sap marketplace.

regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your help.

With this mode it will increase the dificulty of maintenance of var scenario.

I need to create manually host and database server too?

Kind regards.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Felipe, if you have up-to-date the information on marketplace it will be created automatically with that information.

VAR is not ans easy scenario with solman