Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC sender issue

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on JDBC to File interface..where we fetch the records from ORACLE database.

we have written a select query which will fetch the records from actual table and also updates the Tracing table(TR_LOG) confirming that the record has been picked by PI with the date and timestamp.

But sometime, it so happen that TR_LOG table shows that PI has picked the message with date/time..but nothing has reached PI...it happens randomly.

we restarted the channel...sometime it works and sometime it doesn't..we dont know where the message has gone if it got picked...there is no trace in CC or in MONI as it hasn't reached PI..

can someone help me in resolving the issue.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smith,

We faced same issue in our system.

Few records were inserted to the table between insert and update query in to the table.

We increased poll interval of JDBC sender to 1hr (previuos it was 5mins), its working good now.

You can check the performance of the select and update query with help of DBA on that table.

Check the timing when these missing records are inserted and updated (by sender CC update query) in the table.

Regards,

Pranav

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

its pretty straight forward select query.

select fild1,fld2.....from View1(we are using views)

Update View1 set SAP_DATE_MANAGE = SYSDATE.

and this works perfectly fine now in Production...and we are getting the issue randomly...once in a week...where we are unable to track the issue in PI.

please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at OSS note 831162, point 8:

An additional requirement for the correct operation of this scenario is the configuration of an appropriate transaction isolation level on the database (i.e., repeatable_read or serializable).

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply..

it is not visible anywhere in PI...both in RWB, CC and MONI.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post the select and update statements you're using, and other confinguration settings of the sender JDBC channel?

Regards,

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the message not visible in the runtime workbench either?

Regards,

Koen