cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Funded program from WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to SAP PS & FM module,and i am encountered with a specific requirement from a client wherein they want to create a Funded program automatically from WBS element ,for that we have even maintained FM DERIVATION.

My question is that for example WBS Element is FS.00.0001-1000(as per the Project coding mask) and when i run FMMDAUTO the Funded program has to be created automatically like FS.00.0001-1000.But in my case the Funded Program is created like FS0000011000 without the periods(.) and dashes.

Please assist me why the system is not picking the periods and dashes.

Thanks & regards

Arogya raju madanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The periods and dashes are not actually part of the WBS name.  They are part of the Coding Mask that is applied to the name.  Coding Mask is a PS unique feature and not available in other areas.

Coding Mask forces a WBS naming convention.

You could drop the coding mask from the project and put in dashes and periods in the real name, but you would lose that functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks alot for the quick response.

I agree with the points you mentioned in the last reply. But my question is that the structure of the FUNDED PROGRAM(With periods and dashes) should be same as structure of the WBS ELEMENT(With periods and dashes) when i create the FUNDED PROGRAM automatically through TCODE(FMMDAUTO ) based on FMDERIVATION.

Thanks & regards

Arogya raju madanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is the identifier of the Funded Program does not use a coding mask so you cannot make them exactly the same without either a user exit or not using the PS coding masks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the valuable information.

Answers (0)