cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement Cntrl field in Warehouse Request Item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Thre is a field "Movement Cntrl" in every warehouse request item data.

Can any body explain how this field is populated.

Our issue

In EWM Posting Change document item details the field value is coming as.

"A" - Picking or putaway will take place

We want the field to be set as " " - Space

So that we need not require to create warehouse task from the posting change document and we post the posting Change directly.

With Regards,

Malay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209095
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Malay,

There is an option to make posting changes post automatically.

Try this: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/cb/6a3442d692ad04e10000000a1550b0/content.htm?f...

Best regards

Serhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Serhan,

Thnaks for the reply.

I could find that I need a warehouse task to be created from the posting change document as I am initiating the posting change (311 movement type batch to batch transfer) in ECC.

This WT will contain the bin information where the posting change will happen.

In our case, we need the task should be created automatically (with a storage type search sequence and bin where the source batch is there). The destination location of the task is same as that of source bin.

Please let me know the settings requried for the same.

With Regards,

Malay

We are able to find the source bin in the warehouse task from the search sequence strategy. How to make the destination bin same as that of source bin.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is one common misconception about the "posting in same bin" setting in EWM (also me it took very long to understand it, as it is completely different then in ERP).

"Posting in the same bin" means in EWM that you do NOT create a WT at all. The posting change document created in EWM does the posting automatically. The prerequisite for that is that the posting change document can find stock in the warehouse, for that a picking sequence has to be found (which we often do with the warehouse process type).

Now the problem at that is that it works wonderfull if you do a posting change for the full quantity of something (one material, one batch, whatever). But not if you only want to change a partial quantity, as in this case the system simpyl does the posting change for whatever quant it can find.

If you do create a warehouse task - I have up to now not find any setting to do it "in the same bin". The system goes through a picking strategy and a putaway strategy - and of course there is none trying to keep the same bin. I would be happy if someone has a hint how this could be avoided.

"I could find that I need a warehouse task to be created from the posting change document as I am initiating the posting change (311 movement type batch to batch transfer) in ECC."

As I described it above, you do not really need the WT, has nothing to do with where the posting change comes from.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen for the reply.

You are absolutely right, that I do not need to create WT from the posting change in EWM for posting in the same bin. System should find the source storage type and bin determination from the WPT search strategy and posting change should trigger immediately.

My issue is ....

Posting change document is created and goods movement status is still "Not Started".

Will the storage type and bin (determined through search sequene) will appear in the posting change document.

In our case it is not appearing in the posting change document. Although I maintain it manully in posting change document and save, the goods movement is not posting (status is still "Not Started").

Is there any PPF action there which will trigger the goods movement posting.

Waiting for your valuable inputs.

With Regards,

Malay

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Malay,

the only ppf action in my case is the posting back to ERP.

What is the setting in your movement type? The field "Posting in the same bin"?

When the posting change is working properly without a WT, the source bin is written into the posting change. If the system does not enter it automatically and you have to enter it, that would mean that the system can not determine the bin - and in that case you have to create a WT.

If you then do not want the material to move, you have to enter the bin as source and as destination bin in the default data.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

In WPT the The below settings are there.

Post. Change in Bin:                             " " -  Posting Change Always in Storage Bin

Goods Mvmnt Before Warehouse Task   Not Ticked

Is my above setting correct??

When I am manually creating task system is able to find the source bin from the search sequence. Then it should also find the same bin directly in posting change which it is not finding.

Can you please share me the ppf action name also.

With Regards,

Malay

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"

In WPT the The below settings are there.

Post. Change in Bin:                             " " -  Posting Change Always in Storage Bin

Goods Mvmnt Before Warehouse Task   Not Ticked

Is my above setting correct??"

These settings are "correct" if you want the system to work without a WT and simply do a posting change. If the system does not directly do the posting change and you are required to create a WT, I would think that the system does not find any stock.

"When I am manually creating task system is able to find the source bin from the search sequence."

Well, about that I am surprised then. The system finds the bin by itself when you create a WT? Then my only suggestion at this point would be to check the setting in the storage type. There is the same field "Posting change in Bin". In the WPT you can select that the setting should be coming from there, maybe it is also using this if it is different in the storage type then in the WPT.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue than described by Malay. I have tried with the setting "posting change in bin" at Storage type level (instead of the WPT) but the behaviour is exactly the same. The system is still looking for a destination storage bin.

Would anyone be able to help?

Thanks in advance,

Julia

Answers (0)