cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Enhancment - BSP how to clear buffer/cache?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

So I'm trying to make some enhancmenets to a Fiori app. I have downloaded it and reuploaded is as a new BSP application.

I wanted to make some changes to the BSP, so I changed the code directly, in SAP.

I thought I must be doing something wrong, but my changes weren't having any effect.

To further test this I wrote some nonsense which should ahve broken it... but it still ran fine!

To test further again I went to SICF and deactivated the node!! ANd it STILL worked fine!

I opened new sessions in my browser, and new incognito windows, and closed it all and reopened it all, but it STILL works fine!

There is clearly some kind of caching/buffering going on here, I've found the tables: O2PAGDIR and O2PAGDIRT have buffered values (found out this from ST02)

But how do I clear it?! I turned buffering off in these tables, to see if that worked, and made another change, and tried to reload the table... but STILL the page loads with no changes.

Please, can anyone tell me how to clear the buffer/cache that means that when I make UI chanegs in a BSP it doesn't show them?!

Thank you

Lindsay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Lindsey

try following reports:

/UI2/INVALIDATE_GLOBAL_CACHES

/UI2/INVALIDATE_CLIENT_CACHES

/UI2/DELETE_CACHE

/UI2/DELETE_CACHE_AFTER_IMP "<- This one is mentioned to be executed after an upgrade - i execute always with the 3 others.

Kind regards,

Michael

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are facing a same kinda issue.We tried deactivating the Service in SICF and still for say 'mm_purord_tpo' is opening again in the Fiori client.Is there any way to disable this caching programmatically. If so please help me out..i am in a desperate situation.

Many Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Sorry to hear you're having such issues!

First to check: you have run transactions /IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP and /IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP? Run them both, for all models (don't specify a model)

Then check that your browser cache is clear (I assume you are using google chrome) - open up an incognito window, and make just a $metadata call to the gateway service, before doing anything else. This sometimes "pushes through" the backend cache clearning (at least I have found on some systems this is the only way to get the updated metadata in the application)

http://.......sap/opu/odata/sap//SERVICE_NAME/$metadata

Once you have tried this, if you still don't have the new model try setting an external breakpoint in the DEFINE method of your MPC_EXT class. Once you hit it jump up (out of the current method, and to the previous in the call stack) - I can remember how many "jump up"'s you have to do, but eventually you will find a flag which is set to X. Clear the flag in debug, and then it will use the newly loaded metadata. (sorry I can't be more specific... this is all from memory!)

Have you made sure that you are pointing to the right gateway client? Try explicitly specifying the client in the URL. (In case your gateway box points to different system aliases for different clients - something I have used before)

Let me know how you get along

Lindsay

vishnucta
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm using Fiori client to view PO track app. I'm able to access this app even after the service in sicf is deactivated .Ideally this should not happen.I feel that this is because of the application cache buster. Please let me know your thoughts on how to overcome this .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy Vishnu,

turning off the sicf service won't help. fiori apps are using the fiori sicf service to get the application sources and so on. only fiori like applications need an own sicf service.

we had some similar issues and reverse engineered an existing fiori application and found out, that fiori apps did not need an own index.html to run properly.

Kind regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am also facing same kind of issue.

I took copy of SRM Shopping Cart Standard app and done UI changes on that. But I am not able to see my changes.

We have tried below approaches to clear the cache, but not able to see the code changes in the browser.

1) Clearing the browser caches

2) Cleared server cache (/osmicm)

3) Ran the  /UI5/RESET_CACHEBUSTER on se38

4) Added /sap-ui-cachebuster/sap-ui-core.js in the index.htm to clear the cache

5) /IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP

6) data-sap-ui-appCacheBuster="./"

7) Disable browser cacheing

Please help move forward from this.

Thanks & Regards,

Srinivas.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

If you are talking about web server cache, Go to the transaction SMICM.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Masa, I will try this too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay,

i am facing the same problem. I changed a screen ( only a field description into i18n files ) from application UI5_MM_PR_APV but nothing changed.

How did you solve your problem ?

Tks,

Mauro

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can also clean up your Model and RDP Cache by running /iwbep/cache_cleanup in ECC and in GW try /iwfnd/cache_cleanup ( could be cleanup_cahce) please try it.

thanks

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also wanted to add that both are transactions to clean up cache.

thanks

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

I overcame this issue in a variety of ways:

Firstly, I do all the customisation of the BSP applications locally on my machine.

Then I upload the whole BSP using the program /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD.

In order to make sure the display you see in your browser is the up-to-date version, there are various cache clearing things you can do:

• Program /UI5/RESET_CACHEBUSTER - this has no UI, and takes only a second to run
  • Transaction /UI5/THEME_TOOL : double click on "Invalidate Cache" to refresh the theme cache (if you have made theme changes)
  • Then you have the two model caches mentioned above by Ashish - if you changes the Gateway service but aren't seeing these changes you should run these to ensure the model is up-to-date.
  • Browser caches: make sure you browser cache is cleared: for Chrome this is easy: hit F12 (to get Dev toold open), clickk on the cog icon, and tick the box "Disable cache (while DevTootls is open)" - then keep devtools open while refreshing the page.

The best way to enhance the BSP applications is locally on your machine, and do all your testing locally before uploading.

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Lindsay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lindsay and Ashish,

i ran /iwfnd/cache_cleanup  transaction and worked.

Tks,

Mauro

Bhaskar_Tripath
Participant
0 Kudos

You saved my day! Thank you Lindsay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mauro Viana,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I have the same problems. Please write to me if you have found the soultion,

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Sadly this didn't resolve the issue: any other suggestions please?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Linday - perhaps you could elaborate a bit more on what areas you modified.  This has some tips too.

Regards,

Jeremy Good

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG