cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit based on Customer and Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to configure a scenario in my company where in my client has credit management.

The process that he follows is as follows.

Every customer is linked to multiple agents (through whom they book sales order- commission agents)

Now the customer has its own credit limit and the agent has his own credit limit. Now if the sales order is booked with that customer and sales agent credit should be checked of both of them.

Which means.. if customer's credit limit is 5 Lacs and Agent's credit limit is 10 Lacs then system should be able to check 10 lacs as credit limit.

coz that is the higher limit. but the problem here is Agent is not the payer here.. coz system checks credit limit of Payer. Payer here is the sold to party himself. and not the agent..

so can any one tell me how to configure this..?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

HI Pravin

Are the Agents also created as customers Or Are they  only assigned for a particular customer ?

Secondly Why is the Agent Credit Limit Higher than Customer Limit

Third I sthe cusotmer and Agent relation one to one or One Agent Many customers/

Please let us know more detail. As we came across this scenarios earlier

thanks

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue has been resolved.

Actually we did a PI integration with their front end system and all credit calculations are done in their front end and we just pull it in SAP.

Thanks.

Sorry for replying so late.

Pravin.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is partner function of your agent? How do you open its master data and where and with which partner function you are assigning it to customer? Please share partner function and partner type.

In credit check we can put payer in the check list. After reading your scenario I have feelings that in standard it won't be possible but you explain a little more then we would be able to suggest you something.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Sorry for late reply but as you may read above that the issue is resolved through PI integration.

How ever I would like to explain the actual scenario.

Client is in Media Industry. TV, Radio etc but not Print Media.

Now they get revenue by advertisements as we all know.

Now for eg. HUL or PNG wants to do an advertisement, they will not directly contact our client (SAP End User company) but they will go to an agent say XXXX. Reason for going to this Agent is becuase these agents know which add to telecast when on TV or broadcast on Radio coz they have all Survey of viewership.

Now our client gives credit limit to say HUL and that agent also so if the agent is reputed than the credit limit combo of HUL and that agent becomes higher. So all in all they consider both's credit limit. HUL and that agency. so HUL may have 10 Lac as credit but Agent may have 30 Lac as credit so the total credit could be 40 lacs allowed for that transaction (assuming no credit is used to date)

We wanted to configure this scenario. Now as we know system will check credit of Payer but here the thing is sometimes the Agent pays and sometimes HUL. When Agent pays to my client, it invoices HUL with a XX % commission. and when HUL pays to my client directly then agent raises an invoice to HUL for that XX% commission.

So payer could be anyone in that transaction and credit limit needs to be checked for both.

I hope the scenario is clear. Please excuse for such a lengthy explanation. I thought it was required to explain my scenario.

Pravin.