Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman upgrade from 7.0 ehp-1 sp08 to solman 7.1 sp08 or latest

peervali_syed
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we have the requirement of doing solution manager Upgrade from 7.0 ehp-1 sp08 to 7.1 sp08 or latest,

but in our Solman 7.0 EHP-1 System we have Service desk,CHARM,EWA ,MOPZ Configuration existed,as you all aware we did some customization also for this configurations,

My requirement is with out distrubing the existing functionalities(Service desk,CHARM,EWA ,MOPZ ) of Solman 7.0 ehp-1 we need to upgrade to Solman 7.1 sp08 or latest,

what is the best approch?

As per my openion ,im considering in the following way?please suggest is it works?

1) Take the System export of the existing Solman 7.0 ehp-1 by using Sapinst

2) Build new system by using this export

3)after this set up is all Configurations what we have in our original system( Service desk,CHARM,EWA ,MOPZ ) will directly come to the new system?

or we need to reconfigure all this configurations and customizing?

4)if we proceed to upgrade the system directly by using SUM Tool is all our functionalities (Service desk,CHARM,EWA ,MOPZ ) will distrub? is it required to re do this configurations again if we directly upograde to 7.1 SP08 or latest?

Please confirm and Suggest the best practice for this.

Regards,

Basis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly check my blog which will help you to identify many problems in their solutions in advance in addition to above guides

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/10/31/upgrade-roadmap--sol...

Regards

Prakhar

peervali_syed
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your reply,as per your experience the existing functionalities will not distrb am i right?

can you please confirm following thing,for test environment.

1) Take the System export of the existing Solman 7.0 ehp-1 by using Sapinst

2) Build new system by using this export

3)after this set up is all Configurations what we have in our original system( Service desk,CHARM,EWA ,MOPZ ) will directly come to the new system?

or we need to reconfigure all this configurations and customizing?

Regards,

Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check the below guide for upgrade to solman 7.1

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000911492011E/

Rg,

Karthik

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Solution manager upgrade to 7.1 will not disturb your existing functional-ties. But as per my personnel experience, there will be lot of issues after upgrade. So, you should first upgrade test system and test all your functional-ties there. You need to do re-configuration and your existing functional-ties should work.

But if you want to utilize new features of 7.1 then you might need to migrate old functional-ties to new one.

Thanks,

Sunny