Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference to Return order for SDF doc type

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I set in the sales order document type, SDF to only allow to be created with reference to another completed document,

For example,

if I want to set to create with reference to return order, the SDF can only proceed when the status of that transaction is completed.

ie. RE >> rDO >> CN completed before allow to create SDF.

I am trying to follow 3rd party order whereby it cannot bill until GR / LIV had been done depending on the billing relevance.

However, in SDF, there is no billing relevance.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siew,

1. In standard SDF process, to create a SDF order, the requirement is that the reference RE order should have reason for rejection assigned.

Point is you are going in a different direction than the standard process.

Business explanation -

Customer is not satisfied with the goods sold to him.

He was replacements for those goods.

The company creates a return order. It is not financially feasible to get the goods back.

Therefore the RE order is "stopped" (by giving reason for rejection).

An SDF order is created.

2. RE cycle completed -

If RE credit memo is completed, then why do you want to give free goods to the customer?

As you have already "given" him the money, for the goods with the complain.

3. Reference mandatory -

In VOV8, in the sales document type; use field Reference Mandatory

If you want to ensure that SDF order is created after RE credit memo, then in this field give M

In VTAF, in copy control set up RE billing doc > SDF order.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My reply.

Point 1  - no issue. this is the standard although I may not agree totally. By cancelling the Return, what happened to my item that is being brought back? is this updated to my inventory? is the cancallation only meant to set the status to CLOSED?

Point 2 -  no issue. complete flow.

Point 3 - no issue with reference. However, even with reference, how to ensure that the post goods issue is done before creation of SDF is allowed?

I want the SDF to be allow only if the whole process of return is completed. I would not allow the SDF to be created if the return order is still "Being processed".

Any suggestion if this is possible to be configured?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siew,

Point 3 - no issue with reference. However, even with reference, how to ensure that the post goods issue is done before creation of SDF is allowed?

This is a requirement. In copy control - at header and at item level, you can give requirements in field "Copying requirements"

Check this field and the F4 options.

If there is not a requirement routine which suits your requirement, ABAPer can create a new requirement and then it can be put in the copy control settings (VTAF or VTAA)

Added: The table which gives the status of various documents (sales order, billing doc) is VBUK.

You can look into it, to give the functional specifications to the ABAPer.

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter - added in blue color font

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have decide to add in a requirement to check the status in VBUP-GBSTA for completion on the source document (maybe a OR or RE).

I don;t feel comfortable checking the existing requirement on Rejection status of Return order.

There will be a scenarios to track and ensure that item are returned and received into inventory before a replacement can be carried out.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siew,

Good to read your reply!

Important comments -

In table VBUP, one can enter sales order and delivery. For this requirement (only after PGI, SDF order has to be created) delivery number has to entered in the table (and not sales order number).

In copy control, VTAA, give the requirement routine at item level (and not at header level).

The Return process has a component/ part - Return Credit memo. As users shall create SDF, in the return process there should not be any billing document (Return credit memo - billing type RE)

Answers (0)