Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking of Contract for Configurable Material

satyajit_dalvi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would require your inputs on the following point that I am not able to find the proper solution.

I have created a configurable material, eg. material "A" with red, yellow.

Now I have created a quantity contract for material "A" with characteristics as red.

When I create the sales order for material "A" , the system looks for active contract and suggests the valid contract.

Now, If I choose Characteristics as red, then the contract quantity value should get updated.

and if I choose characteristics as yellow, then the contract quantity value should not get updated.

but in this case, the quantity is getting updated when i select any characteristics.

Any inputs, as to how I can cater this requirement?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satyajit Dalvi,

As you have created a contract for configurable material , values assigned are not taken as fix , and thats why system dont take characterstic values in account while suggesting contract, and thats why in both the cases its getting updated.

Create a material variant of this configurable material whi;le assigning value as red and the create contract for it , you will get desired results.

for more information on material variants , check below link.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31570

Thanks

Ritesh

satyajit_dalvi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ritesh,

Thanks for your valuable input.

I would require some inputs as to "When I am creating the new material, I am not able to see the Plant specific Configuration in the MRP tab 3.

Tried doing some settings in field selection for material master, but did not get any desired result.

Can you guide me on this?

Thanks

Satyajit

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satyajit Dalvi,

while creating new materail , in mrp 3 view , put configurable material number in field " configurable material " (MARC-STDPD) , and then press enter you will get message assign configuration, press variant button in bottom of screen, and you will get pop up to assign vales to this newly created variant.

please go though document link , i explained all steps required to setup material variant in it.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31570

Thanks

Ritesh

satyajit_dalvi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks Ritesh.

This is working fine.

I was able to create a material varient, but some times for few material type & plant I was not able to see the plant specific material configuration fields in MRP3. That is what I was asking, where I can activate the fields.

Once again thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Satyajit

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satyajit Dalvi,

I standard SAP material master settings, if MRP views are applicable for selected material type, these fileds wil be visible.

Check may be you are using some custom material type or there may be authorization issue which may be preventing you to diaply this information.

For first case conatct some one who is peimeraly responsible for mainatining material to check authorization display material in MM03 go to MRP 3 view and there run /NSU53 , it will list out if you are missing any authorization in your profile.

Hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Sales to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

G. Lakshmipathi