cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,  I  try to install SAP netweaver Application Abap and have the following message:

"An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Assertion failed: SdbVersion.readFromCD: The output of '"C:\Documents and Settings\CRISTINA\Escritorio\SAP\NWASABAPTRIAL70206\SAP_MaxDB_78_SP1_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386\SDBINST.EXE" -l' is not analysable. The component Base is missing.)"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

davidkklim
0 Kudos

Please ask your System Administrators to check if libnsl (a network system library) is installed on the host.

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0002913490

0 Kudos

Thank you so much. this worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishi Abrol: I think there wasn't some older installation of SAP DB/MaxDB software before. The OS is Windows XP

Reagan Benjamin: How can i try to star manually SDBINST. EXE?

karthikeyan N: How can I Paste the sapinst_dev.log files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you check the note 599 129.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The output of '"C:\Documents and Settings\CRISTINA\Escritorio\SAP\NWASABAPTRIAL70206\SAP_MaxDB_78_SP1_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386\SDBINST.EXE" -l' is not analysable. The component Base is missing.)"

I believe the OS is not compatible with the installation media you are using.

You can try to start manually SDBINST.EXE and see whether the error appears.

If yes then the OS is not compatible for the installation.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i continue with that problem..can someone help me? 😞

In spanish please...my english is very poor...

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristina,

Copy the installation file from DVD to local directory, make sure you dont have space or special characters in folder names. Execute it.

Paste the sapinst_dev.log files.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Spanish.

Hola,

¿Puedes por favor hágamelo saber cuál es la versión del sistema operativo en el que está instalando. Ya Cómo tendría comprobar el PAM.

El mensaje de error It Seems thatthere lo que algunos la instalación anterior de software SAP DB / MaxDB antes, y lo que

no se elimina correctamente.

Por favor, siga 599 129 Usando SDBUNINST desinstalar software DB MaxDB / SAP para desinstalar el software SAPdb / maxdb

Lo segundo, si usted piensa hizo lo que ningún MaxDB instalados a continuación, tratar de comprobar si los datos de DVD no está dañado. intente descargarlo de nuevo y esta vez tiene parche más pequeño en lugar de C: \ Documents and Settings \ CRISTINA \ Escritorio.

No creo que "_" se causa ningún problema pensé que si "" está allí, entonces puede ser cuestión.

gracias

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know what is the os version on which you are installing. How you would have already check the PAM.

The error message it seems that there was some older installation of SAP DB/MaxDB software before, and it was

not removed correctly.

Please follow 599129 Using SDBUNINST to uninstall MaxDB/SAP DB software to uninstall the sapdb/maxdb software

Second thing if you think that no MAXdb was installed then try to check if the DVD data is not corrupt. try to download it again and this time have smaller patch rather than C:\Documents and Settings\CRISTINA\Escritorio.

I dont think that "_" will cause any issue Thought if " " is there then it can be issue. 

Thanks

RishI abrol

former_member264034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check whether the installation medias (CD/DVD) are
on NFS mount.

I would like to suggest to download and copy again the installataions-
DVD into a local directory.

Also, please rename the directory where the media is located. Remove

all the special characters like "_" and "." to avoid issues.

Regards,

Aidan