cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server Hardening... J2EE database connection

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are using SQL Server 2005 in our Landscape. ABAP AS is using windows based authentication to connect to SQL Server. Where as JAVA AS is using sql server login. Due to the current policy we have here all our databse connection should use Integrated authentication. As per <a href="http://http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378428.aspx">MSDN</a> JDBC can connect to SQL Server 2005 using integrated security. After little research I found that the JAVA database connection information is stored in the secstore.properties. Do anyone of you have changed this file to connect using integrated authentication and share your views regarding this?

Thanks

RT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

clas_hortien
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

currently it is not possible to connect a JAVA instance to the database via Windows Authentication. In all current versions only the SQL authentication method is implemented and supported. The development is working on changing this, but i have no glue when it will be finished.

Best regards

Clas

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Clas,

You mean all current version of JAVA? Because ABAP is using windows authentication. We are in NW2004s stack 10. This is FYI.

Message was edited by:

R.T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

While Installing JAVA according to the guide it will change the authentication to mix mode or else u have to change the authentication to mixed mode where you can always use windows authentication for abap and java will use sql authentication

clas_hortien
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

newer versions of JAVA supports windows authentication, but this is not implemented in the SAP applications yes. They will still connnect via SQL authentication only.

Regards

Clas

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your input. Please post when JAVA starts using windows authentication since it will be really helpful in our environment.

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clas,

Do you have a reference to SAP doc/note that indicates the this kind of configuration is not possible?

Thanks,

Omri

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, in the installation guide it's clearly written:

<i>Note For a Java system,

Mixed mode is required. SAPinst automatically changes the authentication mode

into Mixed mode when installing a Java

system.</i>

Omri