cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG material extended fields values are empty/lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have extended the data model MM, for Entity "material". Added few new fields. Refered http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29042

Done the SMT mapping and added the new fields to the existing 'basic data' UIBB.

But when entering values in these extended fields, the data is not getting saved in the field elements not the active area.

We referred the SAP notes 0001641867 and 0001731488.

In 0001641867 , it says to chk the report in se38 'MDG_BS_MAT_FIND_MODEL_DETAILS' and i found some custom Z fields "not mapped".

Also in 0001731488,  the note says to check the BRF+ transaction 'USMD_RULE' and activate the function.

I need how to go about these notes esp, the note 0001731488, which is our main symptom.

Thank you in advance.

Shaila

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have raised with SAP and they have come back to us for implementing SAP notes.

We are in MDG 6.1 and SP2. so had to apply the notes.

The notes were correction of the SAP code which generated the structures.

However, we have not implemented them, we did manual Customer include in the below structures and used the doc  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-14913

/MDGMM/_S_MM_ES_MATERIAL

/MDGMM/_S_MM_FC_MATERIAL

/MDGMM/_S_MM_FP_MATERIAL

/MDGMM/_S_MM_PDF_MATERIAL

/MDGMM/_S_MM_PP_MATERIAL

The issue is resolved now for saving the extended data fields. Got a new issue now. Will post it also.

Thank you everyone till now for all the responses.

Thanks again !

Shaila.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

The report showed the not mapped elements. We realized that we appended Z structure for generated structure /MDGMM/_S_MM_PP_MATERIAL - which is in correct.

So we removed this append structure. These should be generated automatically when i select - Generate Data model structure - after model activation.

However this generating datamodel structure is not creating the Data model extended fields.

due to this, when doing SMT mapping, i am unable to see the source structure in MDG_BS_MAT_MAP_2PP and also in MDG_BS_MAT_2STA.

Any hints why the data model structure are not getting generated automatically ?

Thank You,

Shaila

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaila - Yes you should not be appending manually into that structure. When you follow below steps, it should generate those append structure automatically.

Verify if you have done in below sequence.

1 Add fields to DM. Check your entity SU Type where your zfields added..It should be 1

2. Generate structures

3. Activate

4. Click on Was the change structure adjusted? button...if needed.

5. run USMD_ADJUST_STAGING report selecting MM.

6. Check fields generated on above structure.

7. Do SMT mapping btwn source structure and ECC fields

8. Check in UI to see fields are editable..

9. If you get dump.  anaylse in ST22 looking for any hints where it's failing. ST22 should give some details on where it;s failing.

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Praveen

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Thank you for the steps.

Yes, structures need to be auto-generated.

After selecting below 5 options and upon- generate selected structures.

MATERIALPDF-Based Forms
MATERIALMapping of Reuse Active Area
MATERIALEnterprise Search
MATERIALField Control for Attributes
MATERIALField Properties for Attributes and Key Fields

the generated structures are

/MDGMM/_S_MM_ES_MATERIAL

/MDGMM/_S_MM_FC_MATERIAL

/MDGMM/_S_MM_FP_MATERIAL

/MDGMM/_S_MM_PDF_MATERIAL

/MDGMM/_S_MM_PP_MATERIAL

In our case only 2 are getting correctly generated with custom feilds of Data model. Other dont.

/MDGMM/_S_MM_FC_MATERIAL

/MDGMM/_S_MM_FP_MATERIAL

Any idea?

Thank You,

Shaila

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaila - To implement that note, I can suggest to run below program to adjust BRF rules.

USMD_ADAPT_BRF

If that not works - You may need to try manually

you shall be going to USMD_RULE Tcode - select MM - Trigger Function - Check Entity  -Check Material

and also on DERIVATION folder - DERIVE MATERIAL.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Can i know what are the implications if we run the report 'USMD_ADAPT_BRF' in our MDG system?

Also , i did try to do it manually in the Transaction 'UMSD_RULE' , I selected MM data model, and went to the 'Trigger function' .

I do not have any CHECK_MATERIAL in the check entity folder.

Same with derivation folder, do not have 'DERIVE_MATERIAL' function here.

Should we create these manually  in BRF+ transaction?

Much appreciated.

Thank You,

Shaila.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

USMD_ADAPT_BRF report is an alternative to manual activities you do as part of the note.

It doesn't have any implications as for as I know as it refreshes your BRF functions..to be .consistent with your data model change in Basic data.

Try runing the report in yout testing system and check if fields still clearing values..will go from there..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for the response.

I run the report. But after that i did not get any message if it was done/ or the BRF+ catalog for refreshed.

However, i tried again to test. the values are getting lost once i press 'ENTER'

No luck here!

Also i run the report 'MDG_BS_MAT_FIND_MODEL_DETAILS' again. but the fields are not mapped still

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on your mapping result, problem lies with your SMT mapping.

All ZZ elements you added seems has no mapping link to corresponding ECC fields. Pls check SMT mapping again from PP and STA perspective. Activatate your data model and generate structure. 

If you think everything is alright then run this report to refresh data model structures USMD_ADJUST_STAGING.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have checked the structure /MDGMM/_S_MM_PP_MATERIAL and MDG_BS_MAT_S_MARA. The ZZ fields exists here.

Also i checked the SMT mapping at 'Extend mapping' -> MDG_BS_MAT_MAP_2PP and MDG_BS_MAT_MAP_2STA.

i was able to see my extended fields in both these mappings, under transformations.

"USMD_ADAPT_BRF" this report on execution does not show if the report was run successfully. No message after report execute -> MM.

Is there any other place, where i need to check the SMT mappings?

Also in USMD_RULE , i have created 2 new functions , one was DERIVE_MATERIAL & other for CHECK_MATERIAL. tried As per the SAP note 1731488, but still the values in the zz fields are getting lost upon ENTER/SAVE.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Shaila.

Message was edited by: Shaila Kasha

Message was edited by: Shaila Kasha

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shaila- Have you mapped element from source structure to destination structure. In the transformations tab, verify if you mapped your ZZ fields with corresponding ECC fields suitably. Your above report MDG_BS_MAT_FIND_MODEL_DETAILS' shows something wrong with mapping.

Also You don't need to create CHECK_ and DERIVE Functions seperately and you need to check existing functions which has Basic Data entity as signature item in it. But try the first option where mapping has some issue.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for the response.

I need one clarification.

1.While i am extending my data model, i give ZZ attributes , description and data element .save and activate the MM model. Now i need to extend mapping, these ZZ fields are in MARA append and also MDG_BS_MAT_S_MARA structure.

2. During SMT mapping -> in transformation tabs -> we add the ZZ data element which we first added in the MM extension.

I need to know where is the link for the attributes of the data model to UI?

I observed that when i was adding my custom fields in the Components configuration.

I saw duplicated fields - One coming from Data model attribute and other from the data element.

e.g. my data model attribute is suppose ZZNEWATTR

my date element is ZZ_NEW_DATA_ELE

I find these both visible in the UI, if i add ZZ_NEW_DATA_ELE, it will always be in read only mode/noon editable mode

If i add the attribute ZZNEWATTR, i can fill data in these field but it gets vanished as soon as i say 'enter'/save

Thank you very much in advance.

Shaila.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Important finding for me:  I had this same disappearing values issue in MDG-M and finally solved by running transaction USMD_RULE and making sure I specified a transport for BRF changes rather than choosing Local.  Otherwise, it seems that the structures actually do not get regenerated.  Same with program USMD_ADAPT_BRF - if no transport is open for BRF changes, the program does not seem to work.