cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opatch tool version - Oracle DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m doing a SAP Installation (ERP 6.0 EHP7) in WinSrv 2008 (R2) with Oracle 11.2.0.2 (I know this is not the latest version of DB Oracle for SAP systems...).

I installed the DB Oracle 11.2.0.2 and now I´m facing with a little problem because I want to install the required patches for 11.2.0.2 oracle version and for that, as you may know, first I will need update the Opatch tool to the latest version!

The Opatch version that is installed in my oracle db is the 11.2.0.1.1 version.

I didn´t found where is, in fact, the latest Opatch tool files in SAP Marketplace!

I go to http://service.sap.com/oracle-download --> Database Patches --> ORACLE PATCHES --> ORACLE PATCHES 11.2.0.2 and here I don´t find any opatch file for download, only the Generic Patches and the Patch Collection!

SAP Notes that I consulted:

1503709 - Oracle 11.2.0: Patches / Patch collections for 11.2.0.2

839182 - Installing patches using OPatch

Where I can download the latest Opatch tool version?

Can you help me please!?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure.. what is your requirement. But also, its better you apply latest SBP for 11.2.0.2 rather than applying single single oracle patches. you can apply SBP with MOPatch. Also under this SBP zip, generally latest version of OPatch & MOpatch is also placed which you can get by extracting.

PATCHBUNDLE11202P_26-10010794.ZIP Windows Patch Bundle 26 with CPUJul2013

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ashish,

First of all... I extract that file (PATCHBUNDLE11202P_26-10010794.ZIP) and I didn´t found any OPatch or MOpatch files there!

Other thing... SBP is not available for Windows Plataforms is only for Unix/Linux platforms!

For Windows platform, I need to apply the latest Patch Collection (PATCHBUNDLE11202P_26-10010794.ZIP) and all the Generic Patches as it mentioned in sap note 1503709 - Oracle 11.2.0: Patches / Patch collections for 11.2.0.2!!!

Thank you,

samid raif

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i see.. i had always done these in Unix..thought they are also available for win servers. thanks for correcting me.

Anyway.. you found Opatch..under # OS independent right ?

best regards

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Ashish I found it 🙂

Thank you very much for your help,

regards,

samid raif