cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.3.0 Cannot open Visual Composer model: "This program cannot display the webpage"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm using NWDS 7.3.0 and trying to open a model in "Visual Composer" perspective. I used to succeed in the past, but now I'm getting the message: "This program cannot display the webpage".

It seems NWDS is trying to open the URL below[1] and not finding it. Is there anything I should try restarting or repairing?

One of my co-workers is able to open the VC model, so I guess I can rule out DC corruption.

Does anyone know what could solve the problem?

Thanks and best regards,

-- Andre de Souza

[1] http://localhost:8888/VC/servlet/DefaultServlet?rep=LocalDevelopment^LocalDevelopment&sc=vmb.com_VMB...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Are you able to connect to VC in browser version? Maybe the configuration between NWDS and VC is broken.

Regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am able to connect to VC in the browser.

I found the problem. It turns out NWDS uses an "Internal Visual Composer Server" that listens on port 8888 by default. That server was silently failing to start because there is another application already listening on port 8888.

So, the solution was to change the port used by NWDS. That can be done via Window -> Preferences -> Visual Composer -> Internal Visual Composer Server.

Thanks for helping.

-- Andre de Souza

Answers (0)