Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SRM ---> PI --> Web service

Hi Experts,

We got requirement to integrate SRM with Web service  through PI. i referred the SDN and understood that we have SAP delivered content which we need to download from the service market place and import in ESR.

My requirement is to post the Purchase Orders (PO) to third-party vendor.

1) Can we do the integration without SAP delivered content?? if so how?

2) Adapters that we can use for this requirement?

3) if we use the standard content can we go for integrated configuration??

4) If mapping is not required what are the objects that we need to develop in ESR?

5) if we use proxy how to trigger the PO from SRM system to PI??

6) we have already deployed MDM- SRM catalog in PI. do we still need to import the standard content???

7) what is the difference b/w Classic, Extended Classic , Plan driven Procurement and hybrid scenarios and how to know the which scenario they have used while implementing SRM?

please send me any configuration guides which suites my requirement..

i have the following guides - CCMConfig10_01_05 , Config_Guide_CCM200_640doc , ConGuiSSPFinVer0812,Plan-DrivenwithSInew,ServiceProcurementNEW.

I have not worked on SRM integration before, so please guide me with your valuable inputs.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Tags:
Former Member replied

Hi Bhargava,

Couple of points from my side:

1) Can we do the integration without SAP delivered content?? if so how?

: Yes you can do that. At very first you need to find out whether Standard IDoc or RFC available from SRM side to send proper data. If not then you need to go for custom development. I think this is the call of SRM team. Standard Content is nothing but a bundle of IDocs / RFCs / Service Interfaces (Proxy) with their all dependent Mappings and Message Types to reduce the development effort. If you don't want, well enough. You can always go for custom.

2) Adapters that we can use for this requirement?

: SRM side as you can refer from the above (Proxy / IDoc / RFC) and SOAP at target. If its a Rest Web Service you need to do work around. You will find in SCN.

3) if we use the standard content can we go for integrated configuration?? :

: Yes you can. But you have to use AAE adapters. ABAP Adapters do not work with ICO.

4) If mapping is not required what are the objects that we need to develop in ESR?

: If you are using Standard Content then you don't need develop objects in ESR. That's the objective. But you would need IDX2 IDoc Metadata refresh within PI.

I am not sure but did you really find any Standard Content which has Target message type as Web Service which you are looking for?  Please check properly before download.

5) if we use proxy how to trigger the PO from SRM system to PI??

: This is more like Functional Procedure. I think SRM team will take care of this.

6) we have already deployed MDM- SRM catalog in PI. do we still need to import the standard content???

: I think you wanted to mean Predefined content. If you already have that in ESR, check whether you have the correct version.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3492

Regards,

Nabendu.

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question