cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update order in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a group of very large sales orders which need to be rejected.  When we attempt to do so on the front-end, they are timing out.  The same occurs when we attempt to process the rejections through the MASS transaction.  As such, we'd like to perform the mass update in the background.  After doing some research, I have found transaction MSJ1 which allows MASS to be run in the background against a variant.   This is where I am struggling.

To create the variant, I am going to the MASS transaction, choosing the field to be updated (Reason for Rejection), specifying my selection criteria, and specifying the new values.  I then choose GoTo >> Save as Variant, specify my variant name and description, and keep the standard options checked.  When I then reload this variant, everything is saved properly, except the new value which I've specified is not copied down to all the items.  When I try to run MSJ1 against this variant, no data is changed.

How do I save the variant so that the new value is copied down to all the items and it can be processed in the background?

Your help is much appreciated,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dan

in your system if you are using BAPI's you can use BAPI_SALESORDER_CHANGE to mass change all the sales orders and put reason for rejection.

thanks

Arvind

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to ensure the community has as much information as possible, we opened a ticket with SAP on this issue, and they were not able to provide a simple way to execute MASS in the background using MSJ1.  As a result, we ended up writing a quick LSMW to update each line and schedule line on the sales order to the desired rejection reason.

Thanks.

-Dan

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dan,

You can also speak to your ABAPer & create a small Z-Program to enter Reason for Rejection for the Order in background.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

rahul_vishwakarma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

I am not sure, but you can try this and confirm.

Go to T-Code : VA05 or VA05N to select Open Sales Order --> Edit --> Select Mass Change.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kundan,

I tried that, but the only changes in that menu path are plant, material, pricing, and currency.  As stated, I'm specifically looking to be able to reject all items on an extremely large order.

Thanks,

Dan