cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data source and table mapping

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to map all the data sources created in my system with the tables attached to it.

So can i know the table name from which i can get the above data?

For Example :

Data source1 have tables table1 and table2

Data source 2 have tables table3 and so on..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinay,

As this is a particular detail of each Data Source you create, the only standard option available is "Data Source Business Rule Assignment". In order to map the data sources with tables, you will need to create a custom report for this matter.

Thank you,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando is correct, you'll have to write a custom report. The challenge is, since data sources are HR Infotypes, it is not very easy to figure out which tables hold that information!

You message says you're on PC 10.0, but in PC 10.1 there is an alternative. There is a utility in SPRO for exporting/importing CCM content to local XML files. These XML files contain the entire definition of data sources, from which it might be easier to extract what you need (at least, as compared to the effort of writing a custom report on HR Infotypes).

0 Kudos

Agree with Atul that using the export feature of 10.1 is a good way to extract this information. However if upgrade is not an option , this information can be fetched from infotype 5342. ( Database table HRP5342).

Field source table has the table name .You need to know the object ID of the data sources though, which you can extract from HRP1000 based on object type corresponding to a datasource.

0 Kudos

Thanks Sharad..

0 Kudos

Thanks Atul...

0 Kudos

Thanks Fernando..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

Can you please tell me the info type for PC Business rules so that it would be easy to download the details.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (0)