cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocked GTS order >> position details are deleted in feeder system >> GTS order still blocked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GTS gurus,

we have the following scenario in our SAP environment:

- Order is created in feeder system and transfered to GTS >> order is blocked (Iran Embargo)

- User deletes the position items from the order (instead of cancel/reject) >> order remains blocked in GTS

- The deletion information will not be replicated to GTS >> order remains blocked

- Because of legal reasons (Iran embargo) we are not allowed to create a license anymore

- Order remains blocked in user worklist

I'm sure there are several customers who face that issue.

How did you solve this? Is there any way to replicate the 'delete position information' from feeder system to GTS?

Cheers

Greg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Surely the order is blocked for subsequent activities, not blocked for changes?  Why can't you simply re-create the item(s) and carry on as usual by cancelling?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

thanks for your feedback.

We are talking about deliveries, not orders. Sorry, my fault.

(At first I didn't look into it very deeply, sorry)

Since all the position details were deleted in the delivery, table LIPS is completely empty.

Only the header table LIKP still exists.

This means that the delivery itself cannot be transfered to GTS and the blocked document won't get updated.

Why is there no standard solution that tells GTS to delete/clear all the position details as soon as the position details were deleted in the feeder system?

How do you cope with such issues? I mean it's common practice to delete delivery positions.

Cheers

Greg

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

Still my suggestion is along the same lines - why not just reinstate the item(s)?  You can do that easily enough: after opening the Delivery with Transaction VL02N, choose Outbound Delivery > Deliver Sales Order from the menu, and enter the Sales Order & Item number(s).  But whether or not you can then reject or cancel the items...?

I have to say that in my experience it's NOT common to delete Delivery items, but on the other hand since it is allowed, I have to agree with you that GTS should handle it.  Perhaps you'd like to post on the "Idea Place" to encourage the developers to consider that functionality?

I'm afraid I don't have further suggestions at the moment, but hopefully other readers can contribute.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

Did you get chance to check the transactions such as Check Synchronization and Reorganize customs documents.

To be frank, I've never used it.

Standard SAP help document says

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gts80/helpdata/en/43/84e2c02df6659ee10000000a11466f/content.htm

• Reorganize Customs Documents

If you want to delete all customs documents whose references to the previous documents in the feeder system have been lost, choose Execute to start the reorganization without any selection parameters.

If you want to delete specific entries, you can enter selection criteria such as:

Document Number, Document Type, and Created by/on and Changed by/on dates for the customs document in SAP GTS

Reference Number, Logical System, and Object Type for the previous document in the feeder system

When you click Execute, the system lists the index entries from SAP GTS that do not have document references in the feeder system and that meet your selection criteria (if any).

The system displays the reference data for each customs document number, which SAP GTS saved for the feeder system documents, but for which entries no longer exist in the feeder system.

The flag in the Document Existence Checked in Feeder System column indicates that the index check ran for the respective entry in the feeder system.

To display a customs document, select the list entry and choose Display Document.

To delete a customs document in SAP GTS, select a list entry and choose Delete Document.

Obviously, this is not synchronous with respect to the feeder system deletion. But still we can have a batch job in regular freq to do this job?

I haven't tried these before. But let me know how it goes, if its works. I'll plan for mine as well

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

your proposal sounds good but:

If I enter VL02N with the delivery it won't work, because the following SAP error message appears:

Delivery was deleted and could not be process therefore any further.

When I enter VL03N with this delivery I do see the body (header information) without any positions though. In VL03N the edit mode is disabled.

The SD guys told me that the delivery is done/blocked for further processing as soon as all the position items were deleted (LIPS table empty); Even though the header information in table LIKP remain in the system and I can view the header information of this delivery via VL03N.

So, unfortunately your proposal doesn't work in this case.

Cheers

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am well aware of this functionality in GTS and we use it quite often in case the document is not available in feeder system but in GTS (i.e. update termination error while saving the document in feeder system. But at this point the document was already transferred to GTS and is now blocked).

In the particular case that I explained above this synchronisation & reorganization won't work because the delivery is still available in the feeder system and not fully deleted (table LIKP).

During execution of the synchronization report in GTS the delivery cannot be marked for deletion (table /SAPSLL/CDSYNC) and thats why the deletion (reorganisation) of the document won't work.

Only two options left that I see here which include the usage of emergency user (debug & replace):

1. Delete the position items in GTS (/SAPSLL/CUIT) --> document looks like the feeder system document

2. Delete the header information (LIKP) of the delivery in feeder system and execute document synchronization & reorg. in GTS.

Other than that - No chance.

Cheers

Greg