cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmethods Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a situation wherein we need to integrate legacy systems using webmethods and SAP Adaptors with SAP ECC. Do we need SAP PI in this scenario?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Anantharam,

As far as i know webMethods Integration Server has a lot of capabilities to communicate: SOAP, http plain, ftp, etc.

SAP ECC can consume or expose  SOAP services, then you dont need SAP PI, but the SAP PI is recommended if you have a PI system in your landscape.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila, thanks for the quick response. So as I understand from you it is not mandatory for having SAP PI in your landscape if you are using Webmethods for integrating with ECC through SAP Adopters. Meanwhile could you share your experience using SAP Adopters in this scenario. Have you faced any issues and if so are they part of the standard where you get assistance from SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam,

webMethods is a middleware platform, just like SAP PI. So, if you have webMethods, there usually is no need for SAP PI. Especially if you have the SAP Adapter on webMethods, which adds RFC and IDoc support to the webMethods platform.

The SAP adapter on webMethods is purchased from Software AG, so the support for the adapter will have to go though them.

Regards,

Koen

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam,

I haven't work with all the possible type of webMethod connections, if you specify what kind of connectivity you will have to apply the scn members could explain their experience.

Regards.

Answers (0)