cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC sender strucutre

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all, i have a scenario having JDBC sender that needs to read from 3 tables.

TB1 (Header)

TB 2  (Item) , 

TB3 (Text) .

I need to know how to create the source JDBC strucutre. I need the data to be read in below format,

TB1   

ROW                      0: UNBOUNDED         

DOCNUM         

FILED1         

FILED2   

TB2         

ROW                  0:UNBOUNDED

DOCNUM               

FIELD3               

FIELD4

TB3         

ROW                  0:UNBOUNDED               

DOCNUM               

FIELD5               

FIELD6 

1) TB1 is a header table and consist of 1 record for every DOCNUM whereas there will be multiple entries present in other 2 tables.      How should i write a select query to fetch all the entries from 3 tables using join condition and populate in a single structure.

2) If i create a single structure as shown above does my select query fetch entries into this meta data ? I need TB2 and TB3 to be inside the header only (TB1).

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari

I will also suggest you to create a store procedure in DB and use the procedure in the sender JDBC adapter.

You need to create your strcuture as below to receive the data from DB

The logic for selecting the data needs to be written inside the store procedure.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with Indrajeet. We should try to keep things least complicated. Else the structure that you are asking is like sub tables and it will be tough to get the transformation logic as we will have to call multiple table.

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would suggest you to either use SP or use Views instead of writing join queries to fetch data from multiple tables.

>>I need to know how to create the source JDBC strucutre. I need the data to be read in below format,

Ur structure should be like this:

row... 0...Unbounded

Field1

Field2

Fiel3...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

1)

You only need to use in the 'ON' statement the fields that are the key in the first table and they are also the other two. Check this link for more information http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_join.asp

2)

You only need to add the columns according to the format pointed here (check final example) http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/7E/5DF96381EC72468A00815DD80F8B63/frameset.htm

Regards.