Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checkout functionality after document released

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to edite orinials even after documents status was released. Because  user has to  do changes with latest design within the old attached drawing.  Attached drwaing  is editing but bottom line shows that  status doesnot allow you to change certain data .

In DC10   configured with inwork and release staus only.  How can i maitain settings in Dc10 to get auto update for orinals when user tries to update.

Regards,

chandu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru,

It is always recommended to change the released drawing by creating an new version of the same. That would allow you to do all changes in the new version and release is it as new.

This process will help in maintaining the old drawing(for reference) as well as the new changed drawing.

And also can you throw some more details on the below question(especially on auto update of originals)

'How can i maintain settings in Dc10 to get auto update for originals when user tries to update'

Regards,

Ravi

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Richard Thomas :  Now i am able to do editing and save the documents but version cannot be changed  . I need to change configuration setting for release and in work status. am i right??

Ravi:  your are right

In advance  i thought that after checkout mauy system prompts for  check in again .Thats what i asked for auto update.  Now i came to know no need to go for again checkin once DIR created.

Greate work experts..

Regards,

chandu.

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with Ravi's comments;

Best practice is to Release a version of DIR at which its considered complete and ready for use by the business.  As such, Released DIR should be not changed. Instead a new version of DIR should be created with reference to the Released version.  New version will start in status Inwork for updated/changed.

New version requires defining version strategy.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

taken as releaesd DIr as reference and new version allowed me for changes here document cannt be opened even after provide data carrrier . Finaly with popup window

.  Data carrier PC defined for frond end computers without physical path  but online tick marked. am not maintaing temp dir on my personal PC.

Is it suitable to me   @http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32044    please let me know.

Thanks,

Regards,

chandu

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Chandu,

What is the issue?  I assume your using KPro for file storage.  On create of new DIR version, original should be referenced in new DIR.  If in appropriate status, change should be possible.

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Once my document has been released its not allow me to do changes but if i change status to INWORK   will allow you  for edit the document and after check in possible to save the DIR.

Thanks,

Regards,

chandu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

You may try setting status 'In Work" Status Type to "Original"

As stated in Assistant:

The system sets the following stuses automatically:

• Original in work (O)
  • The system sets this status when you choose
  • Original applicationfile -> Change
  • The system makes the following checks:
  • Is the user authorized to use the function?
  • Is there a status with status type O for the document type?
    If this is the case, the system carries out all the necessary checks for the status network (such as checking the previous status).
  • If the system checks determine that this status is not allowed, you
  • cannot
  • process the document.