cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order stock reservation in MB1B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am reserving stock against sales order with mov type 412 E in MB1B. there are two fields at the header : Sales Order number and right next to it, sales order item. I assume this is the item number (POSNR) in sales order. Now, what I am not able to understand is, when we have the option to give multiple line items at detail level in this screen, why there is POSNR field at header, which is mandatory? and even if I give multiple line items in this screen as per my sales order, it reserves only the item whose POSNR is mentioned. still it never gives any error on saving. Does that mean, if I have 150 items in sales order, i will have to make 150 different material documents with MB1B with each item? please correct my understanding.

thanks,

Binita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

No you don't need to create 150 material documents. You can do this in one material document.

There is an icon of New Items at right side of Header in MB1B screen. After entering one line item data press this button and system will ask new data for same material document. Repeat this process for all line items and post. I hope it will create one material document for all line items.

If you wana get rid of this button pressing activity again and again you can try in MIGO transaction.

Go to MIGO

Select Transfer Posting > Other

Give Movement type 412 E

Enter Material number in grid and you will sale order and Sales order item fields if you scroll to right.

I hope I have explained well but still if you need assistance please come again with your findings.

Thank$

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,

You have to enter Line Item number at Header level, to identify for which line item number you are posting or reverting sales order stock

Item numbers at line item are of no much importance without header, you have to enter 412 E for each line item

regards,

santosh