cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit Memo - Release to Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have a question related to Debit Memo.

- Created a Sales Order with order type DR (Debit Memo Request)

- Created a Billing Document L2 Debit Memo

- Now when we try to release this to Accounting, we get a message that “An accounting document is not required for this billing document”. Not sure why?

- Also if we look at the Net value in the billing document, it displays as 0,00. Not sure why?

Any ideas on this one please? May be I am not doing correctly?

Regards,

NS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I was able to figure out what the problem is. During the creation of the Sales Order DR, we have to leave blank for the field "Reason for rejection".

Thanks again to all who responded to this one.

Regards,

NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Yes the AcctDetermProc is set to KOFI00 for Billing Document type L2 Debit Memo.

Regards,

NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

pl check in the billing document control whether the account det procedure is maintained. KOFI00 is standard.

Reward points if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any other help from experts on this issue is appreciated.

Regards,

NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the pricing procedure RVAA01 I have the following:

GRWR Stastical Value checked for Stat. So I unchecked this one, tried but the result is same. That is, the billing document (L2 Debit memo) still is showing the net value as zero.

My account determination procedure for L2 is already pointing to KOFI00 just like F1 or F2.

Also the message I am getting is "An accounting document is not required for this billing document" and not "Account not possible" message.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Regards,

NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions. Still I am not clear on this one. So created two cases as explained below.

First case:

- Created Sales Order with OR

- Created Delivery document with VL01N

- Created Transfer document with LT03

- PGI with VL02N

- Created Invoice F2

- Created Debit memo L2

- In the Debit memo I can see the Net value (non zero value). Not a problem.

Second case:

- Created Sales Order with DR

- Created Billing document L2 Debit memo

- In the Debit memo I get the Net value displayed as zero. Here I am not sure why it shows as zero.

Any more ideas are appreciated.

Regards,

NS

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you see non-0 value in "- Created Sales Order with DR" ?

if not - you just need to add manual pricing condition.

OR create DR with reference to invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also please check if the Condition for Price in your pricing procedure is not marked as statistical.

For the message of Accounting not possible, you need to check if the Account Determination Procedure is assigned to your Billing Document type in the Billing Document Type Defination.

Reward Points if it helps !!!!!

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

You either need to create debit memo request with reference to invoice so pricing is copied form the invoice or you have to add manual pricing condiitons to your debit memo request (if it's an adjustment).

I believe you do not have any pricing conditions in your debit memo request, and since your debit memo is for 0 value -> NO accounting document is posted as it's non-relevant for posting due to 0 value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the Value is Zero, it will not release the document to accounting, as logically it makes sense that no accounting document will be created.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To reduce errors it is always advisable to create debit memo reuest w.r.t a billing doc, so that all the required factors will capture. Regarding the accounting doc, u need to check with FI consultant. Normally, once u create the dbit memo it automatically creates accounting doc & update the satement.

Reward if it helps.