Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language translations for QM master data

former_member627351
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

As a part of my project requirement i am looking into SAP -QM along with SAP - MM. I need some help in Language translations for SAP _QM master data

Below is the list of master data and business would like the Hungarian translations to be maintained along with English descriptions

1) Dynamic Modification Rules

2) Sampling Procedures

3) Sampling Scheme

4) Selected Set

I checkd in the system and i could not get any option to maintain the descriptions in multiple languages. Can some body help me how to maintain it

Regards

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls. refer a link -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1819336

Regards,

Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi for maintAining the text in other language select the code goto edit and select the language for translation.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

roger_reeves1
Participant

For Sampling Procedures - There is a method for maintaining in multiple languages.

Essentially, you need to logon using the language that you want to change.

So say, for example, you logon in EN - using QDV1 - and create (in language EN) a sampling procedure with a description of "With Inspection Points"

then you must log on in French - using QDV2 - to maintain (in language FR) the same sampling procedure with a description of "Avec Points de Controles".

Hope this is useful - we needed to do it for a global roll out.

Cheers,

R

former_member42743
Active Contributor

Of the four you mention, only the selected sets can be translated.  And in these you are actually translating the code group.  Not the selected set.

Use QS41 to edit the code group. (You'll probably need to do this in a configuration client),  Select the Code.  From the menu, select EDIT-->Translation.

In the pop-up box select the language from the list of languages allowed.

In the next screen enter the actual translation.  Save.  (You'll probably have to transport this before you can test this).

Now log in using the language just maintained.

Craig

former_member308137
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Greeting!!!

I hope , here you mean to say Select set can not be translate. I have open a my thread on this area https://answers.sap.com/questions/13039716/selected-set-language-in-qm.html.

Please help to check and confirm my understanding.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Satish

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you read my comment carefully I specifically said that you aren't actually translating the selected set. You translate the code groups which are utilized in the selected sets. I only referred to translating selected sets as referenced to item #4 of the OP's question.

Translations of the groups and group codes are maintained in tables QPGT and QPCT respectively. The entries are maintained as I described in my comment above.

Nothing incorrect that I see.

Craig

former_member627351
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your suggestions