cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can business roles concept be used without having BRM implemented?

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Client requirement is that we have one Job role[Composite Role] and corresponding position role[Single Role]. So both roles will be like a combination for certain access. Now when the users want to request access for these roles, instead of selecting both the roles, we are planning to include them under a business role and suggest users to request for business role.

Now my doubt is client don't want to use BRM for roles maintenance and currently they are using BRM just for importing the roles and make them available for ARQ. So can we use business roles concept without having set up entire BRM role methodology setup. Like i will define business process, subprocess,project.release, role owners  ... few basic configurations and then create business roles with our requirement. Will this suffice? Or Am i missing anything?

I am not sure very about this .. so just want to know from the experts if they could suggest something.

Regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

You will have to use the BRM functionality in order to use the business roles as business roles only exist in the BRM and it does not exist in the back end system like the tecnical or composte role.

Also, In order to use any role for provisioning, you will first have to import the roles in the BRM and then run the sync job.

so the answer to your query is No.  You will have to use the BRM.

I hope this will help.

Thanks & Regards

Japneet singh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen and Japneet. I will inform the same to client as well as try creating new methodology as per Colleen's suggestion and will check.

Regards,

Madhu.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If you are taking my suggestion you can also Maintain Role Types and remove the ones you are not using via IMG Configuration. E.g have single, composite and business as your options.

Good luck with it

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah Colleen, i have already decided to do it ..

Will implement it the way u suggested and will update you.

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

Regards,

Madhu.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Madhu

If you do not want to use all of the BRM methodology you can create a new default methdology and remove all the phases you do not required, such as approval

You need the business role definitions in BRM to use them in CUP.