cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation of the Partner Function at the Header During Sales Order Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts,

Can somebody advise what's the correct config solution to validate whether Ship to is assigned to Sold to in the customer master during creation of Sales Order? Currently we have an issue wherein if we input sold to and ship to on same time it doesnt determine if the ship to is assigned to sold to. There is no checking and Sales Order doesnt prompt any error. Please see additional illustration below:

Customer Master:

Sold to account- AAAA

Ship to account- BBBB

Note: in the partner function tab of Sold To AAAA, Ship To BBBB is NOT assigned to it.

Sales Order:

Sold to field - AAAA

Ship to field - BBBB

Note: These two fields were populated on same time and SO accepts it. This shouldn't be the case.

I'm suspecting that VOPAN has a big role on this.

Hope somebody could revert and provide his or her expertise. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

HI

As pointed by you VOPAN does help us in determining correct partner function if we are allowing the system to check the partner determination. In your case I would suggest please use a BADI to restric or give a warning message during the determination process. A good Abaper can debug the sales order during the save mode and help in identifying the BADI.

thanks

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

I already did that but the problem is whenever i put SP as the source of SH it disappears upon saving as if nothing is modified. Would you know the reason of this?

Hi Arvin,

Looks like your suggestion is also great. Right now im looking for the solution that could be made in the configuration first. I think your solution is the best option if no configuration can address my issue. Thanks for suggesting this.

Kind regards,

Mark

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

You are correct. I tried the same. But now the surprising point is in my system, It determines correct partner function from standard settings.

How come it does not work for you that's an interesting point.

Can you try with marking Default Check box in SP Customer Master Partner Determination screen?

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Please see attached screenshots:

Sales Doc Header

Cust.Master

Kindly let me know if you need more info.

Kind regards,

Mark

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I was suggesting you to update below default Check box and then try Sales Order for Customer with different SH.

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Unfortunately it has no effect. This no checking occured upon creating the SO.

Kind regards,

Mark

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

This was a new case for me and then I tested the same in my system below are screenshot of the same.

I tried with Ship To Party 3 which is not assigned to Sold To Party 1 as shown in below screen.

System gave me warning message as shown below:

I tried to ignore and press Enter so system automatically determined default Ship To Party 1 from the Customer Master of Sold To Party 1.

My Partner determination Procedure configuration is as below:

If this does not work as per your requirement then just update SP in Source field in Partner Determination procedure next to SH.

This will settle your issue.

Regards,

MJ.

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are correct that you have to follow the below config in VOPAN that is you have to check the Mandatory check box in the VOPAN.Please find the below screen shot for your reference.

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Suman,

Thank you for replying my question. I believe the above configuration relates to Cust.Master and not to Sales Doc Header. That is the current configuration we have now. There is no issue if we input either Ship to or Sold to. Whenever we populate Sold to only and hit enter, it will show a pop up screen for us to choose which Ship to will be used. This ship to's (if multiple) are coming from the Ship to's assigned in the partner function of the sold to.

The issue is if i input Sold to and Ship to (not assigned to sold to in the customer master) on the same time and hitting enter. It doesnt show any error. It should at least disallow to process the sales order or prompt an error that the ship to is not assigned to the sold to.

Hope you and the other SD experts can add more. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Mark

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is if i input Sold to and Ship to (not assigned to sold to in the customer master) on the same time and hitting enter. It doesnt show any error. It should at least disallow to process the sales order or prompt an error that the ship to is not assigned to the sold to.

You have said that SH not assigned to SP.Now ,tell me one thing ,have you assigned SP to SH in SH customer partner function tab ?.Please check once again.

Thanks,

Naren

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I got the point.

I think you have to go for User Exit.Try the below exit from the SCN Wiki and follow the exit in Program SAPLV09A;

User Exits for Partner Determination

Thanks,

Suman$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

The business requirement is all Ship To accounts should only have SH partner function (partner function tab) and just to answer your question, we dont have Sold To (SH) partner function appearing in all of our Ship To accounts.

Kind regards,

Mark

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly,share your Partner function tab of SP and as well as of SH.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

Please see attached.

Sold to

Ship To

Kind regards,

Mark

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now,tell me one thing ,How you are creating sales order ?

1.Are you entering SP first or SH ?

2.Are you manually changing SH in VA01 ?

Thanks,

Naren