cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Accrual in Rebate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created Rebate Agreement and entered Accrual of $500.00. (no accrual amount through billing documents. i just want to pay customer $500.00 lump sum amount)

System created Credit Memo Request. (VA02)

I then went to Billing (VF01) to created rebate manual accrual (B4)

I successfully created Manual Accrual document as well and system shows no accounting document created.

Since no accounting document is created, when i went to settle that $500.00 in VB02.

System shows

Function not possible: There are open documents relevant for accruals

my question is how do i created accounting document for manully created accrual.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the following note

• Note 80666 - Bonus cred.request not completd in spite of rejectn

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi

Have you activated the new rebate procedure ? Structure S136 in omo1 ?

Posting a manual accrual document B4 will not generate a payment condition it will only post an accrual. Manual accruals we relevant in the old rebate procedure when it was not possible to update the sales volume for documents created before the agreement but witihn the agreement validity period. In the new procedure you have SDBONT06 so this is largely obsolete.

If you create a manual accrual you will see in the credit memo in VA02 that there is only one rebate condition and the document value is 0.00

If you create a manual payment (type B3) you will see there are 2 rebate conditions, one real condition that

will post a value in FI against the customer account and one accrual.

I would suggest for your case here if you want to pay your customer a one off payment, regardless of any real sales volume, you should post a manual payment. Go to VBo2 > rebate payments > pay. To be able to

do this your rebate agreement has to allow this. Go to transaction VB(2 and under heading 'manual payment' set the Payment procedure = C   

Hope it helps

Kind regards

Brian

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patel,

As Ivano suggested, just try to release your Billing Document in VF02 front screen or by VFX3.

For all Rebate Billing Types, Posting Block will be there, so Accounts would have not been released.

After Releasing if you will try, system should work out.

Regards,

MJ.

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patel,

I'm not sure about the steps you made.

Is the B4 billing document released to accounting ?

If it isn't, and you try to release it by VF02, do you get any error message ?

Best regards,

Ivano.

former_member216765
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As you know that rebates condition usaully gets activated when you create the billing document for a customer which having the rebate aggreement and accrues the amount. So when you check the rebate aggrement in VBO2 you will see some amount due against which you create the credit memo request.

In your case, as there is no accrued amount available in the rebate system is throwing this error, as correctly explain by Amit, if you want to create credit memo manually then you require to put negative sign "-" before the amount.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have simulated your scenario in my IDES. I will write the steps which I followed.

• First I used rebate agreement type where the manual accrual is allowed and the billing document type B4 is attached in config itself.
  • Using this type, I have created a rebate agreement with rebate rate and settlement article.
  • I went to change mode of Rebate agreement (VBO2) and added a manual accrual of -500.00 USD. Here, why mentioning the manual accrual amount you need to enter in Negative to build the accrual. You can refer the F1 help of this field.
  • Once I saved, system has created a CMR (Credit Memo Request) document. Here the net value was 0.00 but for my line item there was a condition value which is equal to my entered accrual amount.
  • From VA02, I clicked on Sales Document menu and clicked on Billing.
  • I came to Billing document screen where I have clicked Save and accounting document was created for manually accrued amount.

Let me know if there is any difference in approach.

Regards.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect,

Can you please try to go back to VB02 and try to settle the same rebate agreement and see if it gives us an error ?

Thanks for doing this !

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our rebate agreement if there is only manual accrual and no other transactions recorded, it will not have anything else to settle and hence you are getting the error.

I executed a Final Settlement instead of Execute Settlement and it went through. I was able to perform the final settlement.

If you think there are billing transaction for that sold-to party which are not appearing in your rebate sales volume, try to execute VBOF for your rebate and get them recorded. Now try to settle, It should go through.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I have tried both the scenario. created manual accrual where there is no billing document and for the rebate where i have 3 billing documents accumulated $78.00 as accrual amount and i have added another -$150.00 manual accrual. In both cases, accounting document are not generated.

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patel,

Did you check in VF02 by trying to release manually that billing document and analyzed what error system is giving to you for not releasing document to account?

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

yes VF02 does not have any block... when saving in VF02.. system gives worning at the botton " No Accounting document generated"