cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iChart Label Depth Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

Can anyone let me know why the text is cutting off in X-Axis while displaying the charts in "Production" environment but works well in "Dev" Environment..I thought it might be due to some date constraint but not...I decreased the label depth from 3 to 2 but no effect on that...Should I increase the height or width or any other suggestions would work?? Please revert to me as soon as possible...

I would appreciate all your efforts in advance...

Please note that chart image is inserted for the clear view along with Text Cutting

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You can try following things to check if any one of these below works.

1. Increase height of applet.

2. Uncheck"Auto Rotate Lables" and set Rotation angle as 45 degree for X-Axis.

3. Uncheck Show Labels checkbox and Show Tag descriptions.

4. Try using using custom chart type.

Regards,

Padma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

Thanks for your Response...

1. Actually, I have checked by increasing the height of Applet before starting this discussion but no effect.

2. Show labels Checkbox and Show Tag Descriptions are already unchecked.

3. Auto Rotate Labels are also unchecked but the only thing pending is that I haven't set the Rotation angle to 45 degree for X axis and also haven't tried the Custom Chart thing...So I am gonna try the Rotation angle thing and will come back to you...

I wish I would get an expected output.....Please let me know if you want me to try any other options too.....

Appreciate your work in advance

Thanks

Praveen

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also, try to check the Zero-Based centerline  in chart area properties.

Hope you providing server scaling properly, check Use Zero Based scale and global ranges.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

I have checked with all your options and confirmed that it is a patch issue where in our production environment they haven't moved that SP6 Patch 3 implementation...So, it would get resolved after patch I hope.....Even this label depth issue occurs in some other applications also in same corporate server which I use.....

I will come back to you if the issue still persists after patching.....

Thanks for your Time and Quick responses..

Thanks

Praveen

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Okay Thanks.

Please update the status, so that it will be useful for others if they face same problem.

Padma.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Padma,

can you please open a new discussion thread... It would be very helpful if you share how to open a new discussion forum...

Thanks

Praveen

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Just asked you to put as new question.

I hope you have done for this current thread.

Anyways click on Start a discussion under action to post your questions

Regards,

Padma Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padma,

Actually we were having the patch issue in production server so the label cutting was happening in Xaxis...Because i have tried all your options but couldn't sort it out...Everytime i deploy to QA and Production it hasn't brought any change or effect as the patching was already applied to Dev and QA...Now we have a pending issue like the label text became perpendicular and that would be due to Angle of Rotation ... Anyways, The user is not experiencing any label text cutting...It works absolutely fine now.

Btw I have one different issue like I have created a dial for the demo purpose but the values displayed inside and outside the dials are totally different...Can you please suggest me what would have been went wrong??   Any configuration faults ?? I would welcome all your suggestions

Thanks,

Praveen

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Good that you got it solved in Production. Can I know what patch issue was causing that problem?

Regarding Dial, can you paste the screenshot of what you getting for more understanding.

Regards,

Padma Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Padma,

I can’t tell you the exact patch number but on a broad view when it was 12.2.5 without any Patch the issue was coming...But when it got upgrade to 12.2.2 SP6 Patch 3, Issue got resolved..I hope this clarifies

Regarding Dial, I couldn't attach the screenshots where you could see the values inside and outside the dial are different...IF you could send me the mail id i will send you the screenshot of that.....Else let me know if any other option is der to do in this forum..

Thanks

Praveen

former_member204240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

Thanks for update.

Which dial are you trying? is it 3D guage or DialGuage.

I hope, you could put this as new discussion precisely.

Thanks,

Padma Rao