Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Integration with Netcool via SNMP trap

bala2104
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have done technical monitoring and BPM in our landscape . As of now , we are receiving notification by Email .

We would like to integration solution manager with Netcool ,Since netcool is our ticketing tool . We would like to receiving ticket in Netcool directly for the alerts triggered in Solution manager.

Netcool team suggested to do SNMP trap method for integration.

Could you please help me to understand the procedure for this integration .Kindly share me the revalant documents for this integration .

Regards

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is probably the information you are after to generate the trap:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/Alert+Consumer+BAdI+Interface

bala2104
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to send alerts from technical moniroting to netcool via IBM tivoli monitoring .

We are already sending alerts to Netcool via ITM from CCMS of solution manager . I want to understand , whether we can extend ITM to monitor Technical monitoring . If so how can i proceed further .

Which is best method to send alert to thrid party from technical monitoring , SNAP trap or ITM monitoring. Please advise .

Regards

Bala

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The best method should depend on which tool the majority of everyone in your company uses for alerting/auditing/reporting.

I don't think however you can use your IBM tool to connect with TechMon to pull out values...now it may be possible to connect to the BW cubes and collect the information that way if you know what you are looking for in the cubes.

bala2104
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Bily

We are planning to use Netcool as a ticketing tool for technical monitoring alerts in alert inbox . Once alerts has been triggerd , we would like to receive ticket in netcool.

Please advise how to procced with .

Regards

Bala

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not familiar with Netcool, but I would verify if it supports SNMP traps being sent to it, log pickup...if that isn't the case then you are looking at some custom coding to have it work to generate the ticket in Netcool.

bala2104
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy

Please correct me if am worng , below are the configuration steps we have to carry out to do the SNMP configuration .

• Note 1820727 implementation in Solution Manager
  • System Monitoring Setup check
  • Installation of SNMP Library
  • Place file SAP_R3_MIB.txt in SNMPLIB installation directory
  • Assigning permissions for folders
  • Test Installation SM49 SEND_SNMP_TRAP
  • Ckeck Installation by command
  • BADI Creation and Implementation
  • SNMP Configuration
  • Activation of SICF service
  • SNMP Trap Configurator creation
  • SNMP Field Mappings
  • SNMP Server Configuration
  • MAI CONFIGURATION TO FORWARD ALERTS VIA SNMP TRAPS

Kindly add if I missout any points .

Regards

Bala

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you are running SolMan 7.1 SP08 for note 1820727, I would say thats a good order list.

Did you also happen to see this PDF on Apps Oper on the wiki?  http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/290979852/HOW-TO%20GUIDE%20SNMP%20Trap%20Adapter.p...

Also worth pointing out, someone commented on the BAdi page that they leveraged the OS command Adapter to generate tickets.  http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/Alert+Consumer+BAdI+Interface

bala2104
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Billy

Once we done the configuration wrt solution manager , do we need to do any other configuration at Netcool /Remedy system side to create ticket in Netcool /Remedy .

If so , please let me know the details about the configuration .

I want to understand , how netcool receives the traps from solution manager and processing it in netcool .

Regards

Bala

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have any experiences with Netcool or Remedy, nor do I have their software at my disposal; so I'm afraid I can't offer any assistance on that front.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

Can you please let me know whether your requirement is achieved already.

We are also looking for some options to create a ticket using Netcool.

We can bring alerts to Technical Monitoring -> PI Monitoring.But We do not know whether the alerts in PI monitoring will be sent to Netcool via SNMP trap.

Please let me know in case you have some information on this topic.

Thank you,

Karthik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_bhanage
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Bala,

Were you able to integrate BPMon alerts using SNMP traps? How did you achieve this.

Regards,

Ashutosh