cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic resource selection depending on weight

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This is another SAP TM 9.0 issue that I can only solve with master data access (I am also able to edit planning and selection profiles). I do not have access to configuration.

Here is the break-down:

In order to rate a FO correctly, the FU has to be planned with the correct resource, depending on the Gross Weight entered on the FWO.

So, if the Gross Weight is <= 20,000 lbs, resource 1 has to be chosen and if the Gross Weight is > 20,000 lbs, resource 2 has to be chosen.

That can be done manually, via Transportation Cockpit, without a problem.

However, can that be done automatically? I would like to be able plan an order via the background planning feature. That would also mean that the optimizer has to be able to select a resource automatically according to weight ranges (or other criteria?).

Regarding the charge management, I can create a resource based scale, so that depending on resource a different rate is applied.

Well, that is at least available and possible on the FO side.

Is that also possible on the FWO side? Is it possible to reference resources to calculate charges on the FWO?

So, I am looking for two items:

1. Automatic resource selection depending on Gross Weight on the FWO
  2. Charge calculation on FWO depending on the resource

Any advice, hint, tip would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and help in advance.

Regards,

Adrian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adrian,

Maybe you can meet this requirement setting incompatibilities...the resource information is available in TOR~TORITE-VEHICLERES_ID when item category is AVR.

Best Regards, Marcelo Lauria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

thank you for your reply.

I tried to add incompatibilities, to no avail. That is the first time I deal with it and I struggle creating the conditions.

I planned to create an incompatibility so that a specific vehicle resource can't be used if the Gross Weight is over 45000 pounds.

I am not quite sure how to create the conditions. I tried the following:

Condition 1:

type:     /SCMTMS/INC_VEHICLE

Origin of Condition:     "Condition Based on BRFplus Decision Table"

Data Access Definition:     /SCMTMS/VEH_RES_ID

Condition 2:

type:     /SCMTMS/INC_FU

Origin of Condition:     "Direct Business Object Access"

BO:     /SCMTMS/TOR

BO Node:     ROOT

Field name:     GRO_WEI_VALCAP

Define "<= 45000 lbs = TRUE" in the decision table

As it seems both conditions have to be from the same type.

So, how can I link the vehicle resource with the FU's Gross Weight?

Is there something else I can try?

Thank you,

Adrian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Try this: create an incompatibility definition type 04 , first condition with the weight(TOR~ITEM) and second with /SCMTMS/VEHICLE_RESOURCE~ROOT~VEHICLERES_ID.

Regards, Marcelo Lauria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

sorry for the late reply. I haven't had a chance to try your suggestion and hope to be able to do so soon.

I will keep you posted.

Thank you again,

Adrian