cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude stock CC categories in SAP SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our team has a requirement in which we need to plan the supply to several storage locations, without considering the available stock in these destinations. We would like to know how to configure this so that the CC categories in the ATD ratios does not upload to SNP. We tried modifying master data by changing the ATD issue, receipt and category group but did not suceed. Since we have not found a solution, what we do is delete the CC category by the RLCDELETE transaction every time we need to plan, but the moment we do this, the stock uploads to SNP in a very short time.

Your help would very much be appreciated. Please also consider that we cannot modify any ABAP coding in SCM or establish any user exits.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your help. We managed to use a Z transaction in which we can specify which storage locations and batches we need to ignore in the planning process, so that the corresponding CC stock categories do not CIF to SNP. Any remaining CC receipts are forced back to R/3 through the /SAPAPO/CCR transaction. 

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Can you please explain the exact business logic driving this requirement, will help in understanding your requirement better.

Do you use CC stock anywhere in APO.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh, thank you very much for your reply,

We are using SNP heuristics to plan the distribution of finished product from a central warehouse, directly to several client locations (stores). As we know, in order to establish the amount of product to be deployed in TLB, SNP first considers the demand of each product in every location, but subtracts the following quantities: stock in transit, previous distribution orders, and available stock already in the location destination (CC category).

In our business model however, we need to guarantee that the exact amount of product that is demanded, is the amount that is deployed in TLB. Therefore, SNP must not subtract any quantity from the Demand ratio during the planning process for these specific locations. The number demanded is the number that needs to be ordered.

We are able to delete these ratios from planning by running the RLCDELETE transaction, but this information is continually uploading from R/3 to SCM and syncs within seconds. which is why we need a more permanent solution.

Thank you

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Have you explored SNP tab in your location master in APO, it has stock category group for stock and category groups assignment option specifically for deployment, i believe it might fit your business requirement, below is the screenshot of same.

So with this you can control what categories you want to be included in SNP run, please check.

Do let me know if you are able to resolve your issue with this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh, hope we are doing well,

Yes we tried modifying the category group, but unfortunately we cannot find one that excludes the CC category in the initial stock in storage.

Regards,

María Fernanda

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as you can tell from replies you need to be more specific.  do you want to ignore cc stock for snp heuristics, CTM, deployment or what?   All behave differently.  or why not just not send stock to APO at all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria

You can define your own Category Groups in /SAPAPO/SNPCG and exclude CC.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can see from my reply above, I already say that I´m using SNP Heuristics. And we need to see stock in other locations, which is why we can´t deactivate the stock integration model. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Unfortunately I don´t have access to that transaction.

Regards,

María Fernanda

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should be only an authorization issue -- check SU53 after the access failed. You'll know which authorization you miss. And don't forget to input /n/sapapo/snpcg.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

You should get this authorization from your basis team for creation of category group, include only those categories which you need and i think putting the same in ATD receipt under deployment in your location master should solve your issue.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

May i know which Engine run you are using. Heuristics, Optimizer, CTM in SNP.

You can try to exclude the Supply category CC in the Profile settings For Ex in CTM: In CTM you can configure in the Supply selection --> Order Selection-->ATP Categories--> Remove CC .

Not sure is this answers your question

Please comment.

Tnks
Gani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohamed,

We use the Heuristics Engine run, is there any way to exclude the category there?

Thank you very much for replying.