Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM Maximum Earliness

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The requirement is to have product specific maximum earliness in CTM planning.

The maximum earliness parameter maintained as 960 Hrs (40 days) and in CTM profile in Supply tab the maximum earliness from "Product master" had been set. However CTM is not considering the maximum earliness for pegging the receipt.

For example if the demand is on 30th of Jan 2014 and this demand peg the production order on 10th Nov 2013.

The maximum earliness can not be set at Global parameter level as each material will have different earliness.

Pl help to resolve this concern. Thanks.

BR

Thamizh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh,

Just a quick check, are you using dynamic pegging here, as per my understanding this functionality is supported by dynamic pegging.

Also check how many working hours are there in per day and check if you calculate by working hours per day, is the logic working fine?

Rgds

Sourabh

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Yes this functionality works only with Dynamic pegging method.

BR
Thamizh

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that is true.

Are we talking about IMG setting for maximum earliness for planned orders or the maximum earliness entered in product master. 

This setting is for how early CTM can create a new receipt element not how early an exiting order can be pegged against. 

Why would you NOT want CTM to peg to an existing PO or production order if it already exists?

It exists for a reason and so it is supply.

Otherwise you should turn on shelf life planning

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Here Thamizh is talking about maximum earliness in product master (maximum pegging length) only i believe, thamizh can confirm on this;

IMG setting for maximum earliness for planned orders is for how early CTM can create a new receipt element, and yes as you rightly mentioned there must be really strong business logic of not using existing receipts, also i don't think this is the requirement.

Hi Thamizh,

Probably you need to use maximum earliness in product master and maximum earliness for planned order in CTM global settings together to get the desired result.

Also one point for "maximum earliness in product master", as per SAP this is "maximum period of time that a requirement element may lie before a receipt element in order for the system to establish a pegging relationship between them by setting a pegging edge." in your example you are trying to achieve vice-verse i.e. receipt element is earlier them requirement element, which i believe is not what this is meant for.

Rgds

Sourabh

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am talking about maximum earliness in the product master.

The scenario is to restrict the available receipt elements (firmed planned, or production orders) considering the shelf life, as the SCM version is 5.1 the shelf life functionality is not available .

As the workaround we are trying with maximum earliness of the product master.

BR

Thamizh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Thamizh,

In your case demand is on 30th Jan 2014 and receipt is at 10th Nov. 2013 which is earlier then demand, this is not what is supported by "maximum earliness in product master", please go through below link and check pegging section.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/4c/6a06c6a53f08c0e10000000a42189c/content.htm

It clearly says;

Maximum earliness of a receipt

The maximum period of time that a requirement element may lie before a receipt element in order for the system to establish a pegging relationship between them by setting a pegging edge.

Hope it helps.

Rgds

Sourabh

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kenn,

Happy to get your reply in SCN. Is it possible to restrict the supply usage without using shelf life as the SCM version 5.1 and shelf life planning is not available in CTM.

BR

Thamizh