Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Interface controller view and parent component view

senthil_kumar29
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am using two components. I have define the second component as used component of the first. I define a view set and put one view from the first component and on the next cell embed the the interface controller view.

I would like to navigate between these views front n forth. It does not allow to create outbound plug for the Interface controller view. But I can able to link the first view with second view, but the other way is not possible.

Thank U for ur time

cheers,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

In your inner (used) component select necessary *InterfaceView and create 2 plugs -- inbound and outbound. Also in inner component fire outbound plug in some action handler.

Now in outer (master) component window you may link plugs of interface view of inner component with "own" plugs of outer component view.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Suppose you have two componenst A &B and you are using B in A, first create an outbound plug in the corresponding Interfaceview for the window in B.You can do this by navigating to: Web Dynpro Components -> your component -> Component Interface -> Interface Views in component B.

Create a new outbound plug. If you want to navigate back to the view in A,put a Button in the view and fire this out bound plug in the action handler of Button as

wdThis.wdGet<Component name>CompInterfaceViewController().wdFirePlug<Plug Name>();

This out bound plug will be visible in component A.Create a navigation link between this plug and the inbound plug in the View in component A.

Hope this will Help you..

Regards,

Shabeer