Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update was terminated while creating billing through VF01

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am also  having an update issue like in the same way.(once after creation of Delivery document-if i am trying to bill through VF01-- i will get the same error like--Update was terminated by IT TEAM in development server)

Once after going into SM13--and checking the cancelled updation i will get the below screen shot...

I want to ask you by looking into Functional module--how we can observe the configuration/customization errors(like the way you suggested OKEP in previous scenario)

Please help me in this scenario-due to my ABAPer is not with us right now--please guide me step by step--after entering this function module in SE37.

Phanikumar

Regards

Message was branched out from Update was terminated while creating down payment request through VF01 by Jyoti Prakash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phanikumar V

Please don't push your queries in others discussion.

There are can be many reason for which you get a dump error - "Update was terminated"

Use following discussion on your issue.

- Update was terminated while creating billing through VF01

Refer following discussion, where I have explained how to analysis dump error in ST22.

- http://scn.sap.com/message/13915998

Best Wishes, JP

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Jyothi Prakash,

Firstly thanks for correcting me--

why i am unable to open new thread ---already shared by me.

I just google this error before putting in Forum--but the responses were too technical as i am unable to understand...

thanks for sharing the thread of your response on the similar error which i am facing.

As mentioned earlier also-- we don't have the ABAPer right now with us--as suggested by you

so asked step by step help.May be the seniors like you might have remember the solution for this type of errors.

Hope you understood.

Phanikumar

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't mind, can you again share the dump error details from ST22. Particularly,

- What happened?

- Error analysis

- How to correct the error

Thanks, JP

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jyothi Prakash--Thanks a lot for your help--please observe the DUMP analysis in ST22 with screen shots.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please take help of ABAP teammate in your team to analysis this error. Tell them

Error SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC has occurred

in program SAPLGLIU

include LGLIUF1A

for class CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DBC

in form INS_CLPCA

You can also, refer following SAP Notes which

- 1701254 - Analysis help for SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC in SAPLGLIU

- 1752846 - Analysis help (2) for SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC in SAPLGLIU

- 1814914 - SAPLGLIU: runtime errors due to overflow of totals table

And it is clearly written in "How to correct the error" section of the dump details, if you are not able to resolve this, please raise a request with SAP.

Thanks, JP

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JP,

Thank you for helping and as i am not having the Abaper with us --so let try to analyse this dump with little knowledge of mine.

Also i tried to open your suggested links--asking for user name and password-which i am not having.

Can you please paste the materials in these links for myself...

Note: Thanks again and finally you caught my """"STORY""""(shared by screen shots).

Phanikumar

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO ABAPer

Strange! Then you might be techno-functional . That shouldn't be big ask for you.

Jokes apart, sharing screenshot or content from SAP Note in SCN is copyright infringement. So, it is against SCN Rules of Engagement.

You can ask your project manager or client or any colleague who is having S-User Id or BASIS teammates to provide/sahre you SAP service marketplace id(S-User Id) to access those SAP Notes.

In addition to that I can't find anything for form INS_CLPCA of Error SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC in SAP Service Marketplace. You better report this to SAP.

Best Wishes, JP

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks  JP---for your help and let me try with my alternative sources as suggested...

Phanikumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phanikumar

As already explained by experts above, the delivery document has not been created against your sales order. So the order is still open. When you are creating your delivery and doing PGI, the document will show as posted. But after a while the update termination error will come. This means the update function hasn't been executed.

This could be because there's no free number in the number range assigned to your delivery document. As your dump analysis suggests, the system is trying to insert a duplicate record in to the database table and that is the reason the update is getting terminated.

Please check the number range int assignment in T-code OVLK in your LF document type and check the number range in VN01.

Thank you

Regards

Pronojit Gupta

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pronojit Guptha and Lakshmi pathiji

Thanks for your patience in helping.

I am unable share  screen shot of my delivery document in VL02n --due to once after creation of delivery in Vl01n with PGI--if i go to Vl02n--then system will throw this update error.

Note: Once after creation i am getting the Delivery number with 8XXXXXXXX.

Any way i checked my Delivery type and Number ranges too(you can see screen shots)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Phanikumar

I guess you have CO implemented at your client place.

Please check with your CO or FI  consultant whether proper number ranges have been maintained for Profit center accounting documents.

Regards

Pronojit Gupta

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help: Let me ask my FI colleague....

Phanikumar

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai,

Can you please post the

Error Info :  (from the SAP inbox)

This is give the details of error.

Messgae Title: Update was terminated

Regards,

OD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the status of the delivery in document flow ?  Please share the entire document flow of this particular process.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Lakshmipathi,

Thanks again...

As i am unable to see the Document flow also.(my process is TOR7(copy of OR)>>>LF>>F2)

Once after creation of delivery--if i am trying to go to VL02n--i will get the same error --update was terminated by IT team--as shared by me with screen shot.)

Then  in VA02-tried to see the document flow--still shows as open--But actually i have complete the delivery including PGI)

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already indicated, the issue should be in delivery document only.  Ensure the Actual GI Date in delivery is filled with some date.  If not, you still have not PGId. 

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again Mr Lakshmipathi...

Please observe the attached screen shot filled with date in Planned GI in Delivery doc -Header--Shipment.

As mentioned i completed the PGI also.

but unable to see the doc. flow in VL02n due to updation error--able to see in Va02--that to as open...

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the outset, I request you to go through carefully the suggestions being posted here.  I have asked you to check the Actual GI Date which you can see in Delivery Item Overview tab.  Planned GI Date is a different field.

G. Lakshmipathi

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for my mistake...

please see the attached screen shot at Delivery --Item overview tab and help.

i have done PGI too...

Phanikumar

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
i have done PGI too...

If you have done PGI then:

1. Your delivery doc will be in display mode, means you can't make any changes on delivery when opened in VL02N.

2. You will have actual GI date.

And unfortunately , your screenshot projects different story.

Refer, following thread, where a similar sort of dump was discussed.

- Material documnet archaive

Thanks, JP

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear JP---i just given my VL01n screen only for you

(not VL02n--cant go to Vl02n--due to this updation error only after doing the PGI too)

Please do find...

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had you done PGI, system would have shown as under

Yours is blank which means, PGI is not completed and this is the root cause of the issue.  Again check "Actual GI Date" field.

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.(once after creation of Delivery document-if i am trying to bill through VF01

From the screen shot shared by you, it seems, the issue is in delivery document itself.   Please share the screen shot from ST22 which will give some idea to analyse where went wrong.

ps:-  ideally, by referring this thread, you should have created a new thread

G. Lakshmipathi