cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM37 job running a long time after SP10 update.

0 Kudos

Hello SAP community,

I recently applied support package stack 10 to my Solution Manager 7.1 system on an IBM i V7R1 machine.

After applying the support packs, I began to get an idea of what configuration steps I would need to carry out by looking at solman_setup in display mode. 

During that time I also noticed a job running under my name in sm37, SM_MIGR:CL_ITCAL_INHERIT_WM_MIGR and this job was executing program RAGS_SISE_SCENARIO_MIGRATION.

I looked everywhere I could think but I was unable to find what this job is, what it does, what triggered it, etc. This is a big deal because it was running over 12 hours and using nearly half the cpu available on the machine. Because of this I canceled the job.

So what I would like to get from the community is, do I need to rerun this job? What is this job for? What triggered it to run?

Thanks,

Kristen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I noticed that this job kicks off whenever I enter Solman_setup to look at config. I try to be patient with this job, too. But it usually ends up timing out. But I think I figured out what starts it, so there is a plus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristen

We have spoted this issue with some other system , our investigation is  going on , would you please let me know the OS and DB  name and correct version detail of your solman system.

Best Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been having the same issue with this job.

Did anybody find a solution yet?

I've been really patient with it, letting it run, but after 4 or 5 days the job gets cancelled :S

Why is it taking so long, what does it do?

It keeps getting rescheduled.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kristen,

The program name itself suggests that it is for migrating the objects to new scenario.

"you must definately re-run it."

The system behaving slow, immediately after upgrade is very common as it takes time to adjust objects

but to complete the adjustment in single go and pace up your system,

you can do the following

Enter transaction SGEN

and continue with option "Regenate after an SAP System Upgrade"

this can be performed in background and it will take a long time approx 14 hrs.(more or less, usually depends upon on the scenario)

once done, re-run the cancelled job.

Rg,

Nag