Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineering Change Record without TREX?

andr_palsherm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I'm struggeling with creating an engineering change record via Web UI.

When I'm trying to add a DIR to a ECR I get the error message "/PLMIECR_BO_000 - Technical error, please contact your system administrator".

I've tried all sources to get more information to this not very helpful message, but without success.

I asked myself, if it has to do with the fact, that there is no TREX Server connected to the PLM system?! Is it possible to run SAP PLM EH6 without working 'embedded search'? Does anyone have experience with this constellation?

Would be grateful for any useful hint!!

Greetings,

André

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Embedded Search should be implemented for SAP PLM Web UI functionality, yes.

Regards, Ulf.

andr_palsherm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

thank you for that quick reply!

Just to get this straight: No PLM Web UI without TREX?

Do you have further details what makes the TREX indespensable in this scenario?

Regards,

André

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from a standard usage, yes, TREX is required. Since all search is based on it per default, and other things like Object Navigator etc. You can switch individually to DB search in F4 helps etc..

Regards, Ulf.

andr_palsherm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

thank you for your help.

I assume that my problem has a different reason, because I get the error message even when I directly type in the material number without using the search functions.

But I can imagine, that there are technical dependencies, because I found out, that some services in SICF aren't activated as well etc.

At the moment it is really hard to locate the problem, because there is always the missing TREX as the potential reason.

I think, we should connect a TREX and see what happens.

If it doesn't work, I'll open a new discussion.

Thank you very much by now!!

Regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

This issue is not related to TREX. Looks like some initial configuration is missing. Can you supply a description (preferably with screen shots) on what you try to do?

A missing TREX will only give a warning, not an error. For live operation TREX is very neat, since searching capabilities for end-users are extended (for example it includes searching on material long texts...).

Regards,

Frank Umans

andr_palsherm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo Frank,

that's interesting. It's good to hear what the system behaviour is, when a TREX is missing.

That's what I'm doing:

I created a new engineering record and I can save it without any problems.

(By the way: I got the exact same error message earlier on when I was even trying to create a new one. Creating the corect RMS-ID in the correct section helped me with this)

Now I want to add the first item to the record and choose a DIR by typing in the complete key (without using any searching functionality).

After comitting with enter I get the following message (see attachment). Afterwards I can only delete the item. There are no dumps in ST22.

I go with your idea, that something is missing, but the configuration guides of the RDP didn't give me any hints except the missing TREX. Everything else looked quite good.

Tips?

Regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

More questions unfortunately:

Does this also happen when you add a material or bom? --> if this is the case, check the configuration of the PLM engineering record. Check the customizing of your client against the settings in client 000.

If it does not happen for material or BOM, but only for document, check the settings for document type 751 (by the way: does type 751 exist in your system?). Documents on the PLM WebUI typically require the "Use kpro" customizing to be set to on in the document type.

Regards,

Frank

andr_palsherm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

yes, it happens as well, when I add a material. I'll go and compare the

customizing. I assume you mean the customizing tree under '...PLM Web User Interface-> Objects in PLM Web UI-> Engineering Record'?

Do you have a suspicion?  Something I should be aware of?

Anyhow: Document type '751' has the setting 'Use Kpro' in DC10.

Regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share the exact version of PLM you are working with. With EHP6 you have PLM 7.02 but what about the Support Package level? Make sure the object you try to add to the ECR is not locked in another application. Do you have ABAP debugging skills or can you ask help from an ABAP developer? The WDA involved is /PLMU/WDC_ECR_CHG_OBJECTS and the view is V_CHG_ITEM_OBJECTS which is dynamically built depending on which sub tab (object type) is selected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to compare the customizing below that 'Make settings for Engineering Records'. Compare them to the settings in client 000.

If they are the same, then it is either debugging as Samuli is suggesting or create an OSS message.

Doing a ST01 authorisation trace and checking for missing authorisations is also a simpler action to check if all is fine.

I got this strange message sometimes in the beginning, but this message was even before the screen you have reached. There was a note then about the case model being wrong. This should have been fixed in later versions.

andr_palsherm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

here are the support package levels:

EA-APPL 606 Patchlevel 4 (SAPK-60604INEAAPPL)

PLMWUI 702 Patchlevel 4 (SAPK-70204INPLMWUI)

Today I will try to digg deeper together with a collegue of mine (ABAP Developer). Maybe we can find the reason why the error message is raised.

I'll make sure that the ECR isn't locked during the testing, good point. But I don't think, that's the case. It's a test system with only a few users. And none of them with activities in ECR. But I will have an eye on that, you never know!

At the end of the day I hope we know more...

Regards,

André

andr_palsherm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hallo Frank,

okay, I will go for that. OSS Message is also running for over a week now...

Maybe the debugging brings up new findings. But before that, I'll check the customizing.

Hopefully I have a user on '000' to log on with...

'til later,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

André Palsherm wrote:

I'll make sure that the ECR isn't locked during the testing, good point.

The ECR will be locked by you but make sure the objects you are adding to the ECR are not locked elsewhere, for example the DIR you are adding. About your SP levels, there are quite many ECR related SAP notes out there that are not in your system unless you have applied them.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I agree here that it is not TREX issue, for assigning objects to Engineering Record TREX is not required.

Can you try one thing , in PLMWEBUI, try to go DISPLAY Document and check below,

When you enter anything , a suggestion lists gets populated. and can further display document.

(If it is not happening, that means its authorisation issue)(you already said you did SAP_ALL, but still i think you can check one more time)

andr_palsherm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Niketan,

'Display Document' is possible without problems. I can display, change and even create DIRs.

I assume, the problem is located somewhere in the records management. But I already compared client 000 with our client, but there were no obvious differences which led to a possible reason.

Regards,

André

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi André,

try to implement the following SAP Note: 1874243

Or you can raise an OSS on service.sap.com.

Best regards

Tamas

andr_palsherm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

thank you for your tip!

I searched a lot of SAP notes but I didn't find this one.

But I'm not sure if that's my problem. During my tests I didn't have any short dumps in ST22.

Creating the ECR works fine meanwhile, but adding any item to the record leads to my error message.

Any further ideas?

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually Technical errors are returned in case of missing authorizations. Assign SAP_ALL and check again.

andr_palsherm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

that was my first suspicion as well. So I tried that first, but no success.

Regards,

André