cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing longon language when doing SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have requirement where user has a choice of languages and toggle through those languages.

Brief about application: UI application is Java Script application sitting on SAP Netweaver 7.3 and connecting in SAP ECC for data using RFC's. I do not have control over ECC system.

My requirement is when user changes his language can we pass the selected language with log on tickets / tokens to ECC to effect the same in ECC.

One of my colleague have told me that it is not possible. But I need to tap into collective knowledge of community before I tell customer.

Thanks and Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anuj,

Refer to this SCN Thread :  https://scn.sap.com/thread/23813

Regards,

Mudasir

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If the language with which you are logged in portal, are also there in the backend ECC system then it might be possible.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply  Sunny,

Initially Logon languages will be same. But User can change the language, how do I pass the new selected one back. Do I re trigger the connecction and issue new tokens or something.

Regards

Anuj

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Users can change language but let's say user is logged in with Spanish language but Spanish language is not installed in ECC system then it will not work. If portal user language is also installed in ECC system then it should work without any further changes.

I have not tried it but it should work.

Thanks,

Sunny