Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fetch data from ECC table through PI

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know how to fetch data from ECC table through PI.

Scenario is Asynchronous , ECC to Webservice using PI. i need to fetch from ECC table based on some query (ECC will not trigger the data) and those data's should be sent to webservice.

Let me how to achieve this scenario.

Regards,

Baskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I too felt the same, but customer don't want to trigger data from ECC. instead PI should fetch data from ECC.

Thanks all for your valuable comments.

Regards,

Baskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

And PI should do that based on which event ? in other words, WHEN the PI interface should be run in order to get data from ECC and send them to web service.

WHEN or HOW ? that's the 1st question !

Without answered to it, you cannot choose the good approach for your development.

regards

Mickael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

A BAPI should be created in ECC to the table to return records for query, later you can use RFC Look up in PI mapping to fetch these records. From PI 7.1 we have standard RFC look up function.

Regards,

Pranav

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Just one more option (as you already have been advised all favorable solutions).

Try to do this with RFC lookup fetching data from ECC using some custom function module.

I know this would be a lengthy process but since you have such requirement you will have to follow some stupid option.

Thanks

Anand

Pranil1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

What I understood from your question is that your scenario is ECC->PI->Web Service.

For sending data from ECC to PI, you can use different adapters based on requirement. e.g IDOC, Proxy, RFC.

Please check below links. For more information, please check below links.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Different+Adapters+for+different+Scenarios

And to send data from PI to web service you can use SOAP adapter. You can explore below link for better understanding.

RFC to SOAP

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards,

Pranil.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

There are other options like a jdbc sender or to use a sender RFC, but the best option is that recommended by Varun and Greg. Why?, it isn't recommendable to go directly to SAP database, SAP recommends to use always the dictionary then the JDBC sender is the worse option. The proxy technology is more efficient that to use a RFC connection and proxy technology is oriented to the SOA architecture, then it better than to use a RFC.

Regards.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

The best solution is still to develop a simple program on the ECC side, to collect the data and send them to PI via proxy. Otherwise, what is your trigger to execute the connection?

Regards,

Greg

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why cannot you have ECC triggering data to PI? Best is to have a proxy scenario. But can you explain what is stopping you from making ECC the trigger?

Regards

Varun