Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Order Processing in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I am referring the below statement from SAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/dd/55ff4b545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

"Backorder processing is only available for materials with individual requirements. Summarized requirements are usually used for materials sold in bulk quantities. Backorders for bulk products are not, as a rule, processed manually".

Is the above statement means the "Individula / collective" indicator in material master?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also ---You need to remember that an organisation which creates large number of sales orders with different order quantities are suggested to go with Collective requirements.

any Organisation which will create less number of sales orders will go with Individual requirements.

This can be done in MMR-sales/General plant view.

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am bit confused with "Availability check" & "Individual / Collective" in material master.

Q1: Is these two fields are inter-related to each other?

Supose assume that for  a"XYZ material, i have maintained the "ATO Checking Group" as "01- Daily Requirements" & for the same material, i have maintained the "Individual / Collective" as "01- Individual Req". Will these entries can not conflict each other?

Thanks

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can you maintain two types of avbl check for one material???

(if trying to change please observe the system message in the Status bar)

As mentioned earlier by me ----Checking group of avbl check at MMR will do two things simultaneously:

1. How to calculate holding stock before confirming the goods to customer and

2. How to update MRP Department.

The First duty is done at OVZ9 by checking rule

The second duty will be Customized in TOR/Avbl Check settings.

Hope this helps.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the below highlighted fields are related to each other?

Q1: I understand that "ATP Check Group" in MMR is used ONLY during ATP checking process & this data will  NOT be referred during MRP run (MD02). Am i right?

Q2: The "Individual / collective" indicator in MMR is used ONLY during MRP run (MD02) & it will NOT be referred during ATP check. Am i right?

Thanks

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From where this screen has been taken---Are you in SD settings only...Please suggest the path to this screen...

I think you might be checking in PP configurations---

MD02 will be maintained and run by PP Guys--May be your PP guys can help in this....

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selva Kumar,

Collective requirement.-In this all the requirements in a day or in a week are processed at a time.  System stores all req and passes on to the MRP in MRP run.In this system performance is high however you can not do the back order processing whereas in other you can do.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

You Said:

Collective requirement.-In this all the requirements in a day or in a week are processed at a time. 

Where in customization, we are defining that either "Daily requirements to be combined" or 'Weekly Requirements to be combined" for a material?

Can we monthly requirements for a material?

Thanks

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear You Can configure this at IMG>>>SD>>Basic functions>>>TOR and Availability check>>>Avbl Check>>Avbl Check against ATP Logic>>>>Define Checking Groups;

Here you will configure How the Requirements need to be sent to MRP.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This configuration is related to ATP. Will it influence the "Collective / Individual" indicator in material master for dependent requirements?

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dependent Requirements: Once after getting accumulated--then only pass these to MRP.

Independent Requirements: Irrespective of accumulation ---system updates MRP for Each Schedule line wise.

Collective Requirements: 01 in MMR Sales/General Plant View

Individual requirements: 02 in MMR:Sales/General Plant View

Both the above will be configured at ATP Level only(The path I mentioned)....

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes exactly it is saying about availability check 01 & 02

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshimipathi,

Thank you for the info.

I am bit confused with "Availability check" & "Individual / Collective" in material master.

Q1: Is these two fields are inter-related to each other?

Assume i have BOM for XYZ material which has BOM item as "ABC" component.

Q2: Suppose for a XYZ material, i am maintaining the 'Availability Check" as "Daily Requirements" & "Individual / collective" indicator as "Individual requirements". Will this setting conflict each other?

Q3: Is the "individual / Collective" indicator is ONLY applicable to BOM components (in our example, "ABC" Material) of "XYZ Material" (BOM header)?

Thanks

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

The exact field name of availability check in MMR is---Checking group of avbl.Check.

(from 4.7 versions changed).

Availability check will be controlled by Checking group of avbl check +Checking rule.

Checking Group of Avbl Check:

Tells the system how to update MRP (either individual requirement/Collective requirement)

Checking Rule:

Tells the scope of avbl. Check--can be defined by PP Guys in OVZ9.

Please dont get confused by mixing these two...Also it can be maintainable for every material not restricted to BOM items...

Phanikumar