Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable mvt 261 for restricted (expired) batches

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've a question. Is it possible to define on mvt type level is this movement can be performed. When batches expire the status is put to restricted. I want to prevent that these batches can be issues on a process order. I know that it's possible to change the warning message to an error message, bt this applies for all movements (including scrap or posting to blocked/quality).

Is there a nicer way to set this up?

Regards,

Maarten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.  Not based on restricted batch status that I'm aware of.  You want to be able to consume restricted, (and even expired material), for rework in many cases.

The best way to enforce some control on this is to set up batch determination in the process order and make sure that the user is not allowed to change the batch selection criteria.  The batch determination can be set up by process order type so that each order type A, B, and C can have their own strategies. 

So for instance, you might produce most materials using order type A that doesn't allow restricted batches.  But you might have an order type D that allows restricted batches so you can consume rework.

In the batch determination you would use the LOBM_ZUSTD and/or LOBM_VFDAT to control for restricted status or expiration dates.

Craig

milind_kulkarni5
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in T code OMJ5 , if you have maintained the required setting.

Regards,

Milind