cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using PI BC Sender adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Our remote user gets the following error message when connecting to our SAP PI BC Sender Adapter:

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong here?

The complete error message from his Business Connector can be seen here:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elmar,

I'm not sure how to solve this issue, it's hard to say without knowing more details about your config, but I would try the following:

1. Perform full cache refresh in PI (http://<hostname>:port/CPACache/refresh?mode=full).

2. Check your connectivity settings in SAP BC. Did you perform the connection test, was it successful?

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Problem is, that the remote Company (which connects to our BC Adapter) is far away and therefore i cannot do any checks on their side. I just checked the Connection Parameters and they all seem right! I also cannot find out, if the error message really Comes from our side (PI) or from their side. I did not see any traffic on the BC Adapter Sender channel.... do you mean a Connection test on their side? Or is there some internal testing on PI side, too?

Additionally, i dont know why the message corresponds to a Technical System issue ... Technical Systems are known to me in Terms of Solution Manager configuration, but not in Terms of PI message Transmission.

Furthermore ... i have another question, regarding the URL: Our remote Client calls:

http://1.2.3.4:12345/MessagingSystem/receive/BcAdapter/BC

There is no visible Connection to the communication channel anyway (e.g. SOAP channels appear with their Name in the URL string). Is this correct, or does the URL have to look different?

BR

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The connection URL seems correct, but I think you should first ask the BC responsible party to check their config against what is described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/18/ccb14035a5c64ee10000000a1550b0/content.htm

After they configure it, they should be able to perform a successful connection test from their side (yes, this was what I meant initially:) ). Since you say nothing is visible in PI moni tools, most probably they don't even connect to your system, so for now there is nothing you can fix on your side.

You can also point your partners to SAP Note 774854, it contains a lot of useful information about the connectivity.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

The Settings are correct! Our remote Client couldn't do a Connection test, because this seems only possible for classical B2B Connections (There is a Little Test-Button, which isn't there for XML transfer).

BR

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I finally got the point The key is in SAP Help, as usual: "No party conversion takes place.". I think in your IDoc's control record, the SNDPRN = 'AT6#216'. What PI does is it checks the SLD config to find out, which system is that and therefore how to process such message. Unfortunately none of the SLD Technical Systems has 'AT6#216' assigned. You have two options then:

1. Change the IDoc control record in BC to use the ALE identifier you already have assigned in SLD, or

2. Assign 'AT6#216' in SLD as an ALE identifier to the right TS.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds great But, therefore i have some questions: Do we have to add the foreign System to our SLD to be able to communicate via BC Adapter? The foreign System is of course not defined in our SLD. We only have our own Systems added here!

Your second Option is to assing AT6... as an ALE identifier to the right TS. Do you mean, i have to add AT6#216 as ALE identifiert to our technical System (the one which receives the call)?

Important! AT6#216 is the Name of the foreign SAP System!!

Sorry for my lack of knowlege, but i am no expert in SLD config Is there some Kind of guide to this? Because it seems complicated ...

What i thought is, that i Change RCVPRN or SNDPRN by e.g. graphical mapping in PI and that the "corrected" Information is then processed in the target R/3 System. But, i find it strange, that PI tries to check for a System which is mentiond in the source IDOC in SNDPRN... i want, that PI doesn't care about this and simply processes the message by starting my mapping and transferring the IDOC to out target System

BR, EF

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, let's do it the other way round. Do you have a configuration scenario ready in PI for this interface? If yes, then go to SLD, find your sender system of this scenario and assign the ALE identifier to it.

Let me put it that way: SAP BC sends some IDoc to PI. PI looks for a Receiver Determination to know how to process such IDoc. The key to find the right RD is: sender system and IDoc type, both taken from IDoc control record. Your IDoc is of type X and was sent by AT6#216. Unfortunately, PI is not able to determine, which Business System you mean by AT6#216. I hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you answer Of course, i implemented a Scenario for this (Sender Agreement, Rec. Determ. etc.), but i have a Logical Problem with this: You said: "If yes, then go to SLD, find your sender system of this scenario and assign the ALE identifier to it." The Sender System is unreachable for me, because it is a foreign Company System! In my Scenario i just implemented a Business Component which has a BC Sender Communication channel to receive IDOCs. I never touched the SLD when implementing any Scenarios in the past! So, i am confused why PI tries to find Systems in SLD. This is the first time that SLD Comes into Play The Receiver Determination just has one rule, our R/3 System as target. I thought this must be enough to see where the message should go! By Sender System you probably mean my Business Component which i implemented during the Scenario configuration! Is that right?

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, I thought you used Business Systems, not Business Components. With BC, try the following: open the Business Component (sender system), from top menu choose: Communication Component -> Adapter-Specific Identifiers and put AT6#216 as "Logical System". This should solve the problem, hopefully

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, perfect But, this means, that i can only receive IDOCs from one single foreign BC System, because every other foreign Client would of course Need a different Logical System Name in the Business Component? Correct?

BR

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you can always create another Business Component I would say, you should have one BC for each sender ECC, or each sender SAP BC (depending on the landscape, or some particular requirements).

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz!

Your idea brought me one step further, it was the IDOC and RFC Adapter fields which had to be filled! But, now i get a different error, where my knowledge slowly really Ends ... What is the cause for this error? I read something about normalization in the Sender Adapter, but i dont know what this tries to tell me? This sounds like, if it tries to find a correct Receiver, but i dont want to find the Receiver because the message has been transferred to the correct agency as you can see and now, i want my mappings and Interface Determination to route the message to the correct Receiver. Is there a way to turn normalization off? I designed all things as if i used SOAP or FTP, etc. Adapters. But now, since i try to use a BC Adapter all These Problems occur ...

com.wm.pkg.sap.BCException:
com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.ConfigException:
Normalization of ReciverParty with agency
"BC_IDOC_EXPORT_AND_CONVERSION", scheme "ALE#KU#RE", name
"0000072735" failed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos