Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Agent and Instance

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to include TST system in SOLMNA 7.1 but during configuration, there is not showing host agent and Instance in Diagnostic Agent cell under Managed System Configuration --> Assign Diagnostic agent --> Connect Diagnostics Agents.

Please see attachment and guide me

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Did u registered the managed system agent to solman ?

if not check the below note

1907909 - How to connect Diagnostics Agent

Rg,

Karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi karthik,

As I already mentioned that I am trying to include TST(ABAP) system in solman. Now, I have to install DAA on TST system and then register in solman??

or I have to do any other activity because one Diagnostics agent is already installed on SOLMAN which is showing in snapshot which i uploaded.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Install the Diagnostic agent in the TST server and connect to the solman.

Because if you will planning for monitoring the TST system, Diagnostic agent help to get the required details and send to solman system .

Rg,

karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Karthik,

I am installing DAA on TST system and it is asking Choose the SLD Destination options, now which option i have to select.

Please see attachment tell me.

Regards,

former_member183107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Choose the option :-

Register using existing sld

and there mention all the credentials of the solman required for its connectivity.

Regards,

Himanshu

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Himanshu and Karthik,

I made selection during the installation of DAA on TST system. Please see attached Summary and guide me if any parameter have wrong value.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

fine. Please install and update the status.

Rg,

Karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Karthik,

I mentioned the IP address against Host (FQN). Is there any issue?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can enter IP or FQN  in the host name place . so no issue, please processed.

Rg,

Karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear karthik,

thanks for your valuable input

would you guide me about smdsetup managingconf which commands I have to run on TST system?

which hostname I have to mention in commands mean solman's hostname or TST hostname?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Not required. during installation u have mentioned ip address,port , user name: smd_admin and password , whether all the details related to solman system right?

If you gave the solman details, then go and check the below details in soman system ..

solman_workcenter ->solution manager administartion -> infrastructure ->framework -> agent framework ( TST agent connect and will show in the list)

if not, run the below scrpit in TST system in the path (\usr\sap\DAA|SMDA97\script) and restart the agent and check it.

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"servername" port:"8xxx" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"xxxxxxx"( enter solman system details).

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26888

Rg,

Karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear karthik,

Please find attached image and see  tst(prdsap) agent is not appearing un solman_workcenter ->solution manager administartion -> infrastructure ->framework -> agent framework.

I did run following sripts but agent is still showing executing status Please see attachment.

smdsetup managingconf hostname:hostname.xyz.com port:8101 user:SMD_ADMIN pwd:password

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Status is pending, tick the check box of the agent and click the connect.

it will some time to show green .Also check the details deatils in the below path

solman_workcenter ->solution manager administartion -> infrastructure ->framework -> agent framework

or

solman_workcenter ->solution manager administartion -> infrastructure ->framework -> agent framework ->Advance setting -> Agent Candidate Management  -> push teh SLD setiings for TST system

Rg,

Karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi karthik.

Still same status after 2 hours.

highlighted option does not exist in following path. see attachment.the following path.

solman_workcenter ->solution manager administartion -> infrastructure ->framework -> agent framework ->Advance setting -> Agent Candidate Management

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

prdsap system agent is down, check in the managed system server whether the agent is up and running?

For SLD Agent candidates:

check the below path

solman_workcenter ->solution manager administartion -> infrastructure ->framework -> agent framework -> Agent Admin ->All agent ->it will open Agent administration screen -> navigarte to last menu ->Advance setting -> select Agent Candidate Management  -> SLD veiw -> push SLD settings

Rg,

Karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As Per this path Advance setting -> select Agent Candidate Management  -> SLD veiw -> push SLD settings

Push SLD Setting exist in SMD View instead SLD View.

please check attachment.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Diagnostic agent is down in TST system. please check the log and restart the agent.

Once the agent is up and connect to solman system, it show connected status symbol in the SLD veiw.

So then go to SMD view push the SLD setting for TST system.

Also check Maintenance Mode status is off in SMD agent administration, if  maintenance mode

is ON it will not allow agent to connect in solman system.

Rg,

Karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Karthik,

I did restart the DAA via sapmmc on PRD system but still same status(Connecting) . while maintenance mode is off and DAA is started on PRD system. Please see attachment.

I did run following command on PRD.

smdsetup managingconf hostname:"hostname.xyz.com" port:"8101" user:"SMD_ADMIN" pwd:"xxxxxxx"

what do you say about below command. may i need to execute it or no need?

smdsetup changeservername servername:?????

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try the solman ip address in the host name place and try it.

please check and reply with log deatils, it will help to fix the issue.

Rg,

karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check and paste the  error log from the path- \usr\sap\DAA\SMDA98\SMDAgent\log(TST server)

I think the issue with the port number, becuase the status is the pending.

Please check the below guide

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

1907909 - How to connect Diagnostics Agent

Rg,

Karthik

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Karthik,

I applied all instruction which you said me but .

I just re install the DAA on TST system and now changed the status from running to connected.

and i did not execute any command after reinstall.

anyways...thanks you soo much for your kind help.

Regards,

Jamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamil,

Great. tried most frequent solution. Thanks.

Rg,
Karthik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you need to register your agent to solution manager. Please refer below

Diagnostics Agents - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

if after registration also, you were missing information here, you need to go for trouble shooting. all troubleshooting docs available here

RCA_Home - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Jansi