cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to activate business function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i have activated many times but now I am unable to activate business function in my system.

List of business functions to activate:

HCM_PAO_CI_1

HCM_PAO_CI_2

HCM_PAO_C1_3

HCM_ASR_CI_4

HCM_ASR_CI_5

when i click on activate changes one background job is running successfully however when i go back to see it is not activated.

For more details please find attachment.

please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

I can see that the business functions are activated.

Did the background job finish successfully ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny and RB,

Thanks for reply, but problem is when i try to activate HCM_PAO_CI_1 it is saying prerequisist is not active, please see screen shot.

Thanks,

Venkat

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's right. You need to first activate business function that is prerequisite of it. In your case, HCM_ASR_CI_4 is prerequisite of HCM_PAO_CI_1.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

If you go to the object at the bottom of the list, HCM_ASR_CI_3 , you will need to activate that first, then the object above it in the hierarchy, then HCM_PAO_CI_1

Regards,

Graham

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What happens when you first activate HCM_ASR_CI_4 and then activate HCM_PAO_CI_1 ?

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i activate HCM_ASR_CI_4 it is allowing me to activate and background job completing successfully. after that when i try for HCM_PAO_CI_1 same error it is giving.:(

Thanks,

Venkat

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When i activate HCM_ASR_CI_4 it is allowing me to activate and background job completing successfully. after that when i try for HCM_PAO_CI_1 same error it is giving.:(

So that means there was a problem activating HCM_ASR_CI_4 or there is some problem with that.

In that case raise an OSS message and check with the SAP Support.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one doubt, do we need to activate any Enterprise_Extension first?

is there any dependency?

Thanks,

Venkat

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think you need to activate any Enterprise Extension set. Please check below link for prerequisites:

https://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2013_01/helpdata/en/4a/367e956cb44932b1d722a7e17e20ea/content.htm

Thanks,

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can see in 1st screen that Business Functions are activated. Once, you click on activate and background job is finished. Please start tx. SFW5 again and then check.

Thanks,

Sunny